AWO YouTube channel?

Maelstrom

So I couldn't help but notice that activity seemed to die off after the huge giveaway event... So I thought that we could have a YouTube channel to promote the site (could also be another source of income for those amazing giveaways). We could have people upload gaming videos or tutorials. I would be interested in doing something like that (I've always preferred uploading to group YouTube channels rather than my own).

Dantheman221

Good idea! Especially since youtube partnership program is available to anyone who has at least 1 view on a video! What this does is add that ad you see in yellow and every time that pops up, you get like, 2 cents? Very nice of youtube :)

Maybe we should be hardware and software related and also do in-game commentary or something like that?

good idea, most sites and even many ppl have their youtube channel who use it everyday
gaming videos, hardware and software tutorials, video reviews on AW and all would be great

Jenova

That's not a bad idea. I I knew more I could help, but maybe I can learn and watch some ads so you can get .02 lol.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I have a YouTube channel for AlienOwners. I could just use that one??? Its a good idea to raise money for giveaways.

Maelstrom

I have a YouTube channel for AlienOwners. I could just use that one??? Its a good idea to raise money for giveaways.
I didn't know that we already had a YouTube channel so that's great. Now we just need to see who is going to upload what and how we are going to get it uploaded (it's obviously a bad idea to just give everyone the password to the channel).

well ppl can upload videos to their own channel and the ones good/appropriate can be later uploaded one of the mods
others can also be "featured" on the likes of facebook and twitter

Dantheman221

Maybe we should all just use our own user names on here and when there will be a video on the AWO channel, we only need to type our user names in the intro or credits :)

Maelstrom

What would happen at first is that anyone who wanted to upload a video would have to send it to the "YouTube Channel Moderators" (or something like that) and have them review it for upload. I guess that over time direct access would be given to the most trusted (and frequent) uploaders for more convenience.

Dantheman221

didn't quiet get what you meant by that.. and what that would achieve

What im trying to say, every video on Youtube that a user uploads, has his username in the intro or credits so we know who he is. There will also be a link in the description bar if you want to go to his channel and watch more.

Maelstrom

Ok, since I moved over the last few weeks I was unable to continue pushing for this but now that I'm settled I'm ready to start recording stuff for the channel. Right now the main games I'm playing are Minecraft and Diablo so that would be my contributions for the channel. Both of those games are multiplayer so if anyone wanted to join me in my adventures that would be nice.

Ok, since I moved over the last few weeks I was unable to continue pushing for this but now that I'm settled I'm ready to start recording stuff for the channel. Right now the main games I'm playing are Minecraft and Diablo so that would be my contributions for the channel. Both of those games are multiplayer so if anyone wanted to join me in my adventures that would be nice.
yeah i would like to. although right now busy and not playing for sometime, still need help in killing diablo :p (if that is possible in co-op)

Maelstrom

I subbed too. So who is going to make videos for the channel? I could start right now if no one wants to (or can't) do Co-op Minecraft or Diablo with me.

Maelstrom

I seem to be having trouble recording. The framerate drops dramatically as soon as I turn it on. I don't have FRAPS like I want but I do have Camtasia Studio (long story), but it doesn't seem to do a very good job at recording with good FPS.