test

Bad 2tb harddrive in x51 r2

Jdh760

I was recently given the x51 r2 from my sister and it was reformmated, i only play 1 or 2 pc games and im pretty sure the harddrive went out on the x51. It was the standard seagate 2 tb. My question is because im not great with pcs is can i remove the 2tb hd and put my old pc hd which is a 500 gb toshiba in it. The 500gb has windows 10 and all my programs and applications on it from original pc, but none of the alienware drivers.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and what are the steps?

I did attempt this myself by watching youtube but i had the 500 gb hd in the x51 and booted it it said harddrive not found. The connections looked solid and everything was put back correctly. Please help

MURRARI

I was recently given the x51 r2 from my sister and it was reformmated, i only play 1 or 2 pc games and im pretty sure the harddrive went out on the x51. It was the standard seagate 2 tb. My question is because im not great with pcs is can i remove the 2tb hd and put my old pc hd which is a 500 gb toshiba in it. The 500gb has windows 10 and all my programs and applications on it from original pc, but none of the alienware drivers.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and what are the steps?

I did attempt this myself by watching youtube but i had the 500 gb hd in the x51 and booted it it said harddrive not found. The connections looked solid and everything was put back correctly. Please help

Perhaps you need to boot to bios and make your HDD number one boot priority.

Hope that helps.

Jdh760

Should i just buy a fresh harddrive possibly an ssd and have that be the sole harddrive in the r2? Then install windows 10 and the few programs i use.

MURRARI

Should i just buy a fresh harddrive possibly an ssd and have that be the sole harddrive in the r2? Then install windows 10 and the few programs i use.

An ssd would be ideal, in such a small case it generates much less heat and will be much quicker than a disc drive.