Badged up Boo Boo.. Spot the difference..

Mahoobra

Jul 23, 2013
Liverpool
IMG_0072 (2).jpg This is the plaque on the bottom of my new M18.

Below is what is actually inside the Machine....

Overclocked 4th Gen Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4900MQ processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Intel(R)Turbo Boost)
32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s + 64GB mSATA SSD Caching
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI Enabled
Windows 8 Pro 64bit, English.

Has this happened to anyone else with one of these machines?
I hope Dell can swap out the badge... Am not sure if it is too much to expect..

Mahoobra

Jul 23, 2013
Liverpool
This is the mail i got from the guy whom looked after my order... As yet the concern team have not contacted me.... I await thier reply.

I just think after whacking out so much the badge on the bottom would be correct and do not want to sound like i whining whinny.
Seems the Concern Team may have other concerns to concern themselves with concerning my concern... :p

From Dell..

Hi,

I have escalated the case to the concern team and we do really apologias for the inconvenience and I need some time from you may be a day or till tomorrow will get back to you with the update. And for any further queries you can email me .

Regards,
Ali.

Last edited:

Mahoobra

Jul 23, 2013
Liverpool
Aliencprection.jpg

Look what I recieved in the post today.. The correct one.. :)

Well, Dell certainly have come through with the goods this time...

Hopefully I do not kill/scratch the bottom of the machine as my heavy hands get rid of the wrong one.

Interestingly.. About an hour after this was delivered a guy from the delivery company showed up and wanted to take all my alienware boxes back... Apparently i wanted to return them all.. He was sent away with a smile on his face...