test

Badged up Boo Boo.. Spot the difference..

Mahoobra

IMG_0072 (2).jpg This is the plaque on the bottom of my new M18.

Below is what is actually inside the Machine....

Overclocked 4th Gen Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4900MQ processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Intel(R)Turbo Boost)
32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s + 64GB mSATA SSD Caching
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI Enabled
Windows 8 Pro 64bit, English.

Has this happened to anyone else with one of these machines?
I hope Dell can swap out the badge... Am not sure if it is too much to expect..

Mahoobra

This is the mail i got from the guy whom looked after my order... As yet the concern team have not contacted me.... I await thier reply.

I just think after whacking out so much the badge on the bottom would be correct and do not want to sound like i whining whinny.
Seems the Concern Team may have other concerns to concern themselves with concerning my concern... :p

From Dell..

Hi,

I have escalated the case to the concern team and we do really apologias for the inconvenience and I need some time from you may be a day or till tomorrow will get back to you with the update. And for any further queries you can email me .

Regards,
Ali.

Last edited:

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Hope you get it resolved. BTW...I would edit the emails you posted as spam bots will harvest them and you will start to get much more spam.

Sarah

That's not good and I can see why you may be annoyed. But they did at least put the correct hardware in - and that's a gorgeous spec by the way. Hopefully they'll send someone out to fit the correct badge really pronto.

Mahoobra

Aliencprection.jpg

Look what I recieved in the post today.. The correct one.. :)

Well, Dell certainly have come through with the goods this time...

Hopefully I do not kill/scratch the bottom of the machine as my heavy hands get rid of the wrong one.

Interestingly.. About an hour after this was delivered a guy from the delivery company showed up and wanted to take all my alienware boxes back... Apparently i wanted to return them all.. He was sent away with a smile on his face...

MattyB

That's good that all worked out. They say that a customer that has had an issue resolved quickly is more loyal than a customer that had no issues at all.

They know all.

shankc

Did they not want the old badge back that's what they most likely wanted back but I'm pleased everything got sorted promtley for you