Beeping Noise?[ How do i factory reset?]

I'm new to this Alienware stuff. On day one when i first set up my X51 r2 and booted it up it made 1 beep noise and it still does now. Does that beep mean everything is good in the system or bad? Allso how do i factory reset my x51

STDVirus

The single beep is good. As far as a factory reset are you wanting to just reset CMOS or do the whole computer start clean?

MattyB

Best way to go in my opinion is to completely reinstall windows and your drivers. Hopefully you got a windows disk with your machine. It's reasonably simple but time consuming. Make sure you save all your important stuff on an external drive first though.

STDVirus

Yeah a complete re-install is always best. But if you didn't get a windows disk and i don't think you did seems there hard to get with new PC's these days then you are going to have to make a restore disk by going to the start menu, all programs, accessories, system tools then click system restore and go through the steps.

Well if you look at my Latest posts i re-installed windows from the disk i just have no drivers. Were can i get the drivers from?

STDVirus

You can get them right off the dells website you just have to have your Tag: located on a white sticker on the back of your x51 the Tag will be 7 characters long and should end with a 1 that will give the model and spec info to give you the right drivers.

MattyB

Also good to look up the correct order to install the drivers or you may have a few bugs. There are plenty of guides floating around online.