test

Best gaming pad?

Orcvader

Hi...

Any suggestions for game pads? My x51 is days away (slow UPS!) and I want to buy a new gamepad for it... Most if not all my games will be coming from Blizzard (and I'll use my K+M for those) and Steam.

I've heard you can use the XBOX 360 controllers but there's some conflicting info out there. Some say you need an adapter (I have 2 XBOX 360 wireless controllers), some say only the 360 WIRED controller really works. Then there's the thing that made me hesitate: someone on a new egg product review says you cannot remap the wireless controllers buttons at all...

Any thoughts?

DDuB420

I use a Razer Nostromo and tactx mouse for my gaming. I find I have better control than a controller.

Orcvader

Man I tried one of those (I think it was The Fang, by Z board) and I never got used to it!

I kinda like M+K setup for many games, but for some (I'm thinking NBA 2K13, etc), I can't feel comfortable unless I have a gamepad. That said, thanks for the suggestions mate!

Oh, and that keyboard looks sweet... For the longest time I thought I would never replace the wired Apple keyboard (love the metal feel and "sturdy-ness") but that one looks like a good replacement.

Orcvader

I found the XBOX 360 controller (wired) specifically for PC and I bought it - thanks for the tips! I will post here my experience with the controller once I play with it.

sway

Soon as I can stop spending extreme amounts of moneyz I need to get one, thinking wired Xbox controller, nothing special.

tappin on the aokp running Nexus 7

VagrantXeth

I use a wired 360 controller and it works just fine. I also found that the home button (the glowing green X) works with Steam's Big Picture mode for bringing up the Steam dashboard (it does the same with games for windows games and with Onlive). I say stick with it, it is perfect for PC gaming.

Orcvader

I use a wired 360 controller and it works just fine. I also found that the home button (the glowing green X) works with Steam's Big Picture mode for bringing up the Steam dashboard (it does the same with games for windows games and with Onlive). I say stick with it, it is perfect for PC gaming.

That is so freaking cool! No config required? It just works for those purposes? Wow...

My X51 will be here Friday!!!!!

VagrantXeth

I got it and you were right, it works seamlessly with Steam and is a nice piece of hardware. It took longer than I hoped to get here but I am enjoying it so far!

Glad to hear that, having a working home button is definitely a plus!

jacobberke

That's what im going to do, buy a wired xbox 360 controller since I use to game on xbox.