Bigfoot Networks KillerN-1202

bbond007

Jul 19, 2013
Miami
Just upgraded my WIFI in my x51 to Bigfoot Networks KillerN-1202.

this is the link for my purchase. Works great and I have included before/after test results - over twice as fast!

http://www.amazon.com/Bigfoot-Networks-KillerN-1202-Notebook-Wireless/dp/B008H5V9ZU

note that the product info states this mini PCIe cards includes Bluetooth. It is probably true, however, the BT won't be active in the x51 due to motherboard limitations(on the r1 anyway).

speed.jpg

speednew.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Lingwood

Viralistic

Dec 30, 2013
USA
Hopefully you have better luck with the 1202 than I have had. The 1202 came in my Razer Blade 14". I removed it and installed an Intel 7260ac wifi card. They have them on newegg.com for around $30.00. From my experience, the intel card has greater range, reliability, and consistency. I was getting lag spikes on my 1202, which never happened on my intel 7260. Just a thought.

bbond007

Jul 19, 2013
Miami
Happy to report no problems. I have done a lot of video streaming and coping of large files.

I have 2 computers(the X51 and AMD FX). The computer upstairs is directly connected to the Asus rt-n66r router via Ethernet.

I also have an Nvidia Shield and I can stream games off of either computer as they both have Kepler based GPUs. There is no noticeable difference between the performance when streaming from the wired vs wireless computer.

The router and the x51 are in the approximate same location but on different floors, either one are far from the stairwell, so the signal is about perfect. To improve streaming in my kitchen (so I could quit burning food), I've also upgraded my antenna to these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DMJI9TA/ref=sr_1_12_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1390053854

I'm not arguing that the Intel 7260ac may have been a better decision. I have just not had anything bad to report other than the BT not being usable(on the r1 anyway). Looks like I could have saved some money and got everything but the cool sounding name :)

What tool do you use to test for lag spikes?