test

Black Screen and 6 beeps on my Aurora R1

PoOkiExL3oi

Hi guys I'm having an issue on my Aurora R1. I would constantly get a black screen and a system reboot. I tried to swap monitors awhile back and the black screen never got fixed. I tried swapping out my memory cards and that didn't fix the problem. It actually got worse because before it was just a black screen. I removed 3 of my memory cards for the time being to see what will happen and after 1 month of running on 6gbs of memory instead of 12gbs now I am getting 6 beeps when starting up from a random reboot from my computer. I thought removing 6gbs of memory from my old memory card was the issue causing the black screen, but now its gotten worse with constant reboots and blackscreens and the occasional beep noises during random start up reboots.

I am no expert at diagnosing computers but I am trying hard to fix this issue. If anyone out there can guide me in the right direction please due. If not I will have no choice but to send it of to either geek squad or DellAware to fix my computer.

Thanks for reading and have a great day everyone.

MattyB

Looks like a 6 beep code means you have a problem with your GPU. If you have a spare one maybe give it a go or contact Dell

yikes81

Oh that's a very nice graphic card. You were meant to get this failure, so that you can upgrade.

Tapatalk'n on the Galaxy S4

PoOkiExL3oi

Thanks guys! This has been an on going issue for the past 6 months or more I can't remember anymore it has been frustrating having a black screen during my game sessions and during my hours doing my reports for work. I've tried to diagnose most of the easy fix solutions and none of it worked. I'm so glad the gpu finally started to really act up and gave me vital signs that it needed an upgrade.
I really hope changing the gpu will fix my problems once and for all crossing my fingers.

The GPU has been shipped next day air so I should have a package at my door real soon.

PoOkiExL3oi

ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB.jpgIMG_0205.jpgIMG_0204.jpgIMG_0208.jpg

Good Bye ATI Radeon HD 5970 you did good but not good enough, but now it's time for you to go.

Out with the old in with the new Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 GC White Edition 2GB. So far so good I've been running the new GPU for about 2 weeks now and no issue has occurred. Graphics on this new card is amazingly smooth and fast I don't know much about overclocking but this card is galaxy overclocked and I think it's helping a lot to make the graphics better.
Any questions just ask away and I'll answer if I can. Cheers!