Blackhat Here....M17x R3

blackhat840

Hello everyone. I joined this site yesterday after seeing a comment on Alienware Facebook Page. I wanted to get to know others with Alienware products and felt this and AWA were the way to join the scene. I ordered my M17X R3 about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting on delivery which was over night and shipped yesterday evening. The delivery is supposed to happen today which I am very excited about. I however did not get to take off work like I had planned, hopefully will be able to take lunch to go pick it up from the house. So hello everyone, it is nice to meet you all.

-Adam

dnvr.dsz

Welcome To The Forum!

**looking at the username** we have got a hacker here yeah! jk :D

blackhat840

Just so everyone is aware. I hate Dell for using Fedex for delivery. They are never on time even for a next day delivery. I went home on lunch to see if package arrived, nope not yet and waited an hour, still nothing. 1 1/2 hours left until it is considered late.

calric

Welcome; and i hope that you have the fancy black box :eek:

I didn't get the fast shipping; but i remember fedex getting it to me early by a day or two. So idk, maybe the driver had a flat or something. a case of the tuesdays?

Maelstrom

I got the standard week shipping which they said would take 2 weeks to ship and it arrived 10 days after I ordered it.

AeonSoul

Well welcome.
A friend of mine uses blackhat as his handle so for a moment there I thought it was him, but seems not :p
Enjoy your stay!

blackhat840

Well guys after a huge list of problems with my M17X R3 related to graphics artifacts, raid crashing after about 2 weeks and just over all instability of the R3 I returned for a full refund. I was then offered a substantial rebate on the R4 for my troubles which I was kinda planning on purchasing anyway since it came out a couple of days after I ordered my R3 so I ordered the R4 and it shipped yesterday. I should get it tomorrow and we will see how this goes. Wish me luck! Now just to wait on the actual refund for the discount...not sure how long that will take.

ah that really sucks man for a new purchase (that to of this scale) well turned out to be a blessing in disguise the R4 should be a better treat :)

blackhat840

I sure hope so. I had to 6870 in the R3 but the 7970 is what I ordered with the R4. I'm looking forward to the increased performance.

MattyB

Staff member
That seems like it could all work out pretty good for you!! Nice one. It can take up to 2 weeks to get a dell refund. I had a refund on an M11x and they said it would take that long and it did. Good luck with the new R4.

infamous

Hello everyone. I joined this site yesterday after seeing a comment on Alienware Facebook Page. I wanted to get to know others with Alienware products and felt this and AWA were the way to join the scene. I ordered my M17X R3 about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting on delivery which was over night and shipped yesterday evening. The delivery is supposed to happen today which I am very excited about. I however did not get to take off work like I had planned, hopefully will be able to take lunch to go pick it up from the house. So hello everyone, it is nice to meet you all.

-Adam
Who was your invite from?

yikes81

Welcome dude!! I think my M17x was almost 2 weeks overdue! It was being shipped from somewhere like China to Australia.