Bluray drive?

The search function here wasn't much help... I'm looking into getting a BR drive for my new x51. Does anyone know what Dell uses? Or have a recommendation for one that'll work without any BS? (Including working with the eject button!)

Thanks!

OG1-KENOBI

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
My R4 has one that I have only used once in the 3 months I have had it. It doesnt have any brands on it from what I can tell, sorry bud. I use the other dvd/burner drive for daily use. Im sure one of the fellas in here will have the knowledge you need.

Dell's website is... less than usefull when it comes to finding... anything. In fact, the only optical drive showing up in a slimline slot load is a refurb of the multi I already have.

I did find this, however: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-BDC...-Slot-DVD-SATA-Drive-/390441980393#vi-content

$47 shipped seems like an unbelievably low price for something that I could actually end up using. Anyone have any thoughts on whether or not this would work in an x51??

i am not a fan off blu ray drivers on an alienware system. because i have an blu ray driver on my m15x. but when the maker of the blu ray software has new versions they stop veryy quickly with the other versions and dont make updates. i now i have an blu ray driver but no software for it to run because i needed drivers that are out dated. only the option that i have is buy legal or download it. but i dont do that.

yikes81

Feb 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
i am not a fan off blu ray drivers on an alienware system. because i have an blu ray driver on my m15x. but when the maker of the blu ray software has new versions they stop veryy quickly with the other versions and dont make updates. i now i have an blu ray driver but no software for it to run because i needed drivers that are out dated. only the option that i have is buy legal or download it. but i dont do that.

I had the same issue. I did a standard microsoft update and one of the updates was a driver update for the bluray player. Totally stopped working. I had to roll back all the updates and install them kne by one to find the problem.

Tapatalk'n