test

Bluray drive?

Scottao

The search function here wasn't much help... I'm looking into getting a BR drive for my new x51. Does anyone know what Dell uses? Or have a recommendation for one that'll work without any BS? (Including working with the eject button!)

Thanks!

OG1-KENOBI

My R4 has one that I have only used once in the 3 months I have had it. It doesnt have any brands on it from what I can tell, sorry bud. I use the other dvd/burner drive for daily use. Im sure one of the fellas in here will have the knowledge you need.

sway

You'll just have to get it from Dell.

tappin from the Note II

Scottao

Dell's website is... less than usefull when it comes to finding... anything. In fact, the only optical drive showing up in a slimline slot load is a refurb of the multi I already have.

I did find this, however: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-BDC...-Slot-DVD-SATA-Drive-/390441980393#vi-content

$47 shipped seems like an unbelievably low price for something that I could actually end up using. Anyone have any thoughts on whether or not this would work in an x51??

yikes81

I dunno what comes default, but apparently the Panasonic UJ-265A will fit.

Sent via Tapatalk

mav711

The eject button basically triggers an O/S eject command so no worries there. As for the part you can call Dell and ask them for the part number or PM Chris on the dell support forums.

i am not a fan off blu ray drivers on an alienware system. because i have an blu ray driver on my m15x. but when the maker of the blu ray software has new versions they stop veryy quickly with the other versions and dont make updates. i now i have an blu ray driver but no software for it to run because i needed drivers that are out dated. only the option that i have is buy legal or download it. but i dont do that.

WaLkAwaY

...external Blu-Ray burner for 150$ or less. Unless that does not meet your specific need. Thought I would mention it anyway seeing as sometimes we overlook things.

This is the one I have and it works perfectly.

yikes81

i am not a fan off blu ray drivers on an alienware system. because i have an blu ray driver on my m15x. but when the maker of the blu ray software has new versions they stop veryy quickly with the other versions and dont make updates. i now i have an blu ray driver but no software for it to run because i needed drivers that are out dated. only the option that i have is buy legal or download it. but i dont do that.

I had the same issue. I did a standard microsoft update and one of the updates was a driver update for the bluray player. Totally stopped working. I had to roll back all the updates and install them kne by one to find the problem.

Tapatalk'n

ok. i recommend friend off me. when there are maybe buying an alienware system that they dont buy an blu ray driver on there system.
so they dont gona have this problem 2.