BOOM!!!!! Computer Blows Up.

WaLkAwaY

Very sad day in Shmooville and very sad Shmoo is very sad.

My main computer the one that I have been playing on and has all my video clips as well as a host of other cool things has just died. The power supply shot sparks out of the back of itself. Which I do not understand as it was a good PSU.

I am mostly just sad and not angry about it not really worried about replacing everything in the computer just the clips that I won't get back because everything is most likely gone, PROC/MLB/HDD/GPU...

Cookies and crying is the focus of today.

Dantheman221

Awww! Thats sad! :'( I hate when PC's die! I'm guessing it was a power-surge or something. Even the best PSU's cant survive something like that without a proper Desktop UPS. You may want to consider buying one it the future so this doesn't happen again. Last time I checked, sparks coming out of a PC means its not a good sign xD Don't worry, at least you get to build a new one! :D

AeonSoul

You positive everything died? I understand that the PSU shooting sparks is a no-good, but maybe something can be saved :p

WaLkAwaY

It was running through a surge protector. Going to hook another one up to it and see if anything can be saved or if everything is dead.

AeonSoul

It was running through a surge protector. Going to hook another one up to it and see if anything can be saved or if everything is dead.
Yeah do that, maybe you can save some important data at least. In lack of another PSU maybe you can try to hook up your HDD to an external case and check if it works.

Org

sparks? I would of shat my pants.

My computer had a blue screen of death the other day and I almost cried.

yikes81

If I were in that position, I think I would have set the house on fire. My PC sits ontop of carpet at the moment.

BlackJair

The worst thing that happened to my pc's, its my current laptop, it wasn't recognizing the AC adapter anymore, its at DELL's atm.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
What brand/model PSU was it. You can probably get a new one from them if you call and explain what happen. No PSU should ever do that. It could of caused a fire. PR nightmare for the PSU company.

Maelstrom

Something like this happened to my dad's computer a while back. He just had to replace the battery and surge protector though.