Bought Aurora R4 On the 12th of march 2012

SilentxKillaz

Hi all,

Very nice website here, i was looking the owners club and saw a post about it.

I would like to ask, i bought an Aurora R4 on the 12th and should be arriving around the 5th to 10th of march because my Keyboard is in back order.

This is my Specs

Intel Core i7 3930K Six Cores OC 3.9GHz
16GB 1600MHz
Dual GTX 555

What are the settings i will be able to play on BF3 ?

Also i want to MOD it a bit, anyone here have any idea of what i should put in it, lets say i have 1.5K budget to do the MODS in it.

Thank you

Sir_Gawain

Congrats on your purchase! Not to sure about the GTX 555's performance in BF3 however as I havnt read up on it much. Id guess in SLI you should be safe on High.

SilentxKillaz

Thanks for the info, have any idea on what else i could put in it i got a 1.5K budget limit.

Also just got an email saying my TactX headset mouse and keyboard were now shipped so i just hope the multi media keyboard has arrived and my aurora will ship today or tomorrow :)

Sir_Gawain

Id ditch the 555's, put 2 GTX 680s in and buy a nice 24-27" monitor. Id go with the Samsung SA950D series.

SilentxKillaz

The price is ? been looking and found that the price was 499$ that it ?

Also to do so i will have to upgrade the PSU and add more vent this is probably going to get so hot right ?

Sir_Gawain

What PSU did you get in your system? if you have the 875W PSU you can easily handle 2 680's. The price of a single 680 is $499. Your going to have to check on the monitor pricing.

SilentxKillaz

Yes its the 875W PSU, Monitor wise i have already got my 3 Dell U2312HM Monitors that have been delivered ... As for the fan i guess i wil had 120MM and a 80MM one fust to prevent overheating

Sir_Gawain

Youll be fine with the stock PCIe fan, maybe just add 1 more 120mm fan on the radiator for the CPU

BlackJair

With that Proccesor and the Dual GFX, you can run anything you want on Ultra specs.

Eirreann

Congrats on your purchase! Not to sure about the GTX 555's performance in BF3 however as I havnt read up on it much. Id guess in SLI you should be safe on High.
I think that he may well be able to manage Ultra pretty well; a single GTX 555 does a good job with High...

Sir_Gawain

Ya thats true , I forgot to consider running with a 60htz monitor as I have been stuck on 120htz for some time now.

SilentxKillaz

Ahah !! Well i am very happy with my purchase now that i heard i would run pretty much anything on Ultra :) Thanks all for the reply ... so i guess il keep the money to buy another Alienware in 4-5 Years. Just cant wait to get this baby !! I alreay have 2 kids so now i have 3 babys to take care of !!!

SilentxKillaz

I searched everywere and could not find one. Now also would like to give a heads up, my order got delayed from 30th of march to 18th of april. No explanations

Eirreann

I searched everywere and could not find one. Now also would like to give a heads up, my order got delayed from 30th of march to 18th of april. No explanations
That is a pretty new desktop card; you'll be lucky to find benchmarks for the single card, let alone in a SLi configuration. But they should be able to handle just about anything!

SilentxKillaz

Thanks for all the help, Got the shipping notice today :) Should be home by mid next week =D so happy and nervous to see it and just hopes everything works well :)

SilentxKillaz

Well, I just looked at my Tracking number and it is on vehicle for delivery !! Will get this baby today i just cant wait !!