test

Bought my M14X !!!!

Rswan

After some serious research I finally ordered my AW laptop!!!

But I fell for the up sell on the RAM, knowing that it would be overkill... Excited about the MSata drive!

Specs below

Processor
Alienware M14x Base
Geheugen
16.384 MB (2x8 GB) 1.600 MHz Dual Channel DDR3
Toetsenbord
Intern toetsenbord - VS/Internationaal (qwerty)
Grafische kaart
2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M
Harde schijf
128GB mSATA Boot Drive + 500GB 7,200rpm SATA 3Gb/s
Besturingssysteem
Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64 bits,

Joined the forum and hope to share the good and the not so good with some fellow AW owners
Woohoo

Left out the processor !
Alienware M14x Order
Basis
3e génératie Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Congrats on the purchase. 16GB isn't that much overkill. :) Let us know when you get it.

DDuB420

Congrats on your purchase :)
When is its ETA?

If you run into any questionable situations when playing around with your new rig. We have a good group of members here that will try to help you out with any issues you encounter :cool:

@Tommy - of course you'll say that 16GB isnt overkill lol, coming from the guy who has 32GB in his Laptop :)

Last edited:

yikes81

Congrats on your purchase. I really want an M14x now. Maybe I will win the next raffle.
And I agree with Tommy, 16GB is not overkill.

Rswan

Well got the mouse and AW headset today, walked around with the headset and mic extended irritating my wife ;) with new call signs. According to the website before the 31st although order was placed 11th.

Another question recommendation on cooling pad for M14x. I live in a hot climate and apparently the AW have a tendency to run hot? Yes or No and can you guys recommend one. Looked at the Logitech N120 which is available we're I am and the Belken one.

yikes81

I got the cooler master u3. It has 3 movable fans, so you can place them directly under the laptop fans. i like the fact that it does not need an external poer supply. and if you decide to travel with your laptop, the cooling pad can be used as a lid protector.

MattyB

Congrats!! I hope you get it quicker than expected!

You wouldn't happen to be Dutch?

Rswan

Dutch heritage but actually South African ;) Currently in the Netherlands for the holidays. But back to Africa in the new year.

DDuB420

Yea your definetly going to need a cooling stand if your living in Africa without AC.
I would go with something like yikes suggested (moveable fans) I currently have a CM U3 on order.
Thanks for the tip yikes :cool:

snaven

welcome in the M14X world :D i wish i has 16g and the nvidia 600 series...oh well loe mine anyway

Rswan

Yeah really happy with my order! Just can't wait anymore, logging into the delivery status every 5 minutes to see if its changed! Still under production :(

Thanks for the info on cooling pad, found an outlet that stocks CM so hopefully will have the U3 in stock or can order it.

Super excited, can't wait to start gaming again!

DDuB420

Just picked up my U3 :cool:

yikes81

Yea your definetly going to need a cooling stand if your living in Africa without AC.
I would go with something like yikes suggested (moveable fans) I currently have a CM U3 on order.
Thanks for the tip yikes :cool:

Np. You will love this cooler. It's light weight and durable.

Sent via Tapatalk

yikes81

Yeah really happy with my order! Just can't wait anymore, logging into the delivery status every 5 minutes to see if its changed! Still under production :(

Thanks for the info on cooling pad, found an outlet that stocks CM so hopefully will have the U3 in stock or can order it.

Super excited, can't wait to start gaming again!

You have an awesome setup coming. Hope you enjoy it all. What am I talking about??? You definitely will enjoy it all!!

Sent via Tapatalk

MattyB

For any Aussies here, the Dell outlet has a few M14x R2's at pretty good prices! Go for it Yikes! :D