test

BSOD resulting from PSU?

Rapid_Sausage

As previously indicated in my thread regarding a faulty GTX 675m, i've been getting black screens whenever i try to run a game/3d application and occasionally video, after which the laptop restarts and gives me an error 116.

today i gave it a shot again, but this time i turn down the graphics to low (world of tanks), i did crash in WOT when i had high graphics, but now that i'm running almost minimum i haven't crashed at all.

so it seems the crash only occurs when the gpu is on high load.

This raises the question whether the problem is actually resulting from a faulty GPU, or it's a faulty PSU.

how do i test for a faulty PSU (only have 1 charger)

can anyone advise me on this?

Last edited:

AeonSoul

I don't think it's the PSU. Before attempting anything just make sure you got a properly working graphic card.

Also, just as a personal suggestion, since it seems you're having lots of troubles with your machine, you could just use one thread to ask questions. But that's up to Tommy in the end, if he doesn't mind then I won't either.

Rapid_Sausage

I don't think it's the PSU. Before attempting anything just make sure you got a properly working graphic card.

Also, just as a personal suggestion, since it seems you're having lots of troubles with your machine, you could just use one thread to ask questions. But that's up to Tommy in the end, if he doesn't mind then I won't either.

i appreciate the encouraging reply.
i'm just very confused nowو since this problem seems to be caused by several things, it's hard to pinpoint which one is the problem.

what intrigues me is the problem only emerges when the gpu is under heavy load, but not when it's moderately under load.

Last edited:

jacobberke

Your GPU could be over heating, have you tried to see the temps?

And also try upgrading to the BETA NVIDIA Drivers.

DDuB420

Are you getting BSOD screens? If so, what was the stop code?
When your laptop restarts, where do you see the error 116? In windows?

AeonSoul

well if it fails under heavy load my bet is still that you got a faulty gpu.