test

Building a SUPER computer... Need help With Current High End Product Knowledge!!! PLZ

Hey all, i need help. this is my first build and i wanted to build a full gaming PC for 10 years now i can finally afford to do so.... i need guidence though and this forum has been really good to me so far.

i need to know if you could build a super computer what components would you build it with (CASE, Liquid Cooling System, Fans , SSD,Processor,Motherboard,Graphics card, sound card, ECT) i know it would take a little time to go into detail BUT i would REALLY appreciate if you guys can help me out with some links of compatible items to use for this build!!!
i really could use the advice as this is my first time. and i want the best of everything.

so far i picked out a few things, NVIDIA Titan, Samsung 1TB SSD, and maybe a RAIDMAX case (Not sure yet).

Thanks in advance

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116939 maybe this processor?? as i dont want to spend over 1000on the 4960 which seems almost same specs and im not even going to play that many games anyway.

http://raidmax.com/psu/rx_1000ae.html and this Power Supply Unit?

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MZ-7TE1T0BW 2 of this SSD and one small 120GB for system processing

i dont quite get how this whole SATA Raid0 Raid2 stuff works... didnt get there yet.

sway

What are you doing with this pc? If it's just gaming then you should reconsider some things. What resolution are you using, titan is only good for two things, vram and compute power.

tappin from the neXus 5

MattyB

There is an article in this forum outlining all the parts you will need to build a PC.
Once you've got your head around that you just need to decide how much you want to spend on each piece of hardware. Make sure you choose a motherboard and CPU which are compatible with each other. Look for what socket they are (ie. 2011, 1150 etc). It is always in the description.
Do a lot of reading first. The RAID business is pretty simple. Most people use RAID 0 which will store your data over a number of drives increasing speed but there are a number of other RAIDs to choose depending on how you want your data stored.

If you're not going to be doing heavy stuff with this PC then there is not much point going for the big CPU and GPU. The prices start getting pretty crazy for what you actually get. You will get excellent performance from mid level hardware. If you definitely want a kickass GPU and you're only using a standard monitor then go for the 780ti. If you must have a 6 core CPU then go for the 4930. Make sure you get a 2011 socket motherboard though. The 4770K (socket 1150) CPU is easily enough though and probably even too much for most activities

Watercooling is the way to go. You can get simple systems that just bolt on or you can build your own. Building your own loop costs far more but is very rewarding. If you want to include your GPU then building your own would be the way to go. There are heaps of youtube videos showing how to do it. It's not something to be taken lightly though. If done poorly, you can seriously damage your nice new, expensive gear.

sway

There is an article in this forum outlining all the parts you will need to build a PC.
Once you've got your head around that you just need to decide how much you want to spend on each piece of hardware. Make sure you choose a motherboard and CPU which are compatible with each other. Look for what socket they are (ie. 2011, 1150 etc). It is always in the description.
Do a lot of reading first. The RAID business is pretty simple. Most people use RAID 0 which will store your data over a number of drives increasing speed but there are a number of other RAIDs to choose depending on how you want your data stored.

If you're not going to be doing heavy stuff with this PC then there is not much point going for the big CPU and GPU. The prices start getting pretty crazy for what you actually get. You will get excellent performance from mid level hardware. If you definitely want a kickass GPU and you're only using a standard monitor then go for the 780ti. If you must have a 6 core CPU then go for the 4930. Make sure you get a 2011 socket motherboard though. The 4770K (socket 1150) CPU is easily enough though and probably even too much for most activities

Watercooling is the way to go. You can get simple systems that just bolt on or you can build your own. Building your own loop costs far more but is very rewarding. If you want to include your GPU then building your own would be the way to go. There are heaps of youtube videos showing how to do it. It's not something to be taken lightly though. If done poorly, you can seriously damage your nice new, expensive gear.

Perfectly said, I was to lazy to type all that.

tappin from the neXus 5

basically i want to use the computer for gaming/web surfing. i dont really need to go CRAZY with stuff like the titan, but here if my thing. i always wanted to build a computer from scratch, never had 2 most important things, product knowledge and money. i am now older and have $ and am starting to research products to use. i dont want to spend thousands of dollars but i wouldnt mind spending 1500-2000 if i absolutely had to. i want to build something crazy.... high tech ... basicaly best of the best without putting in stuff that i will simply NEVER use in my life. you are probably right about he titan, but if you can give me a list of what i should use to make this computer be top notch without overdoing it that would be great. this is my first try at this so im posting on here because you guys been really good to me with help on stuff like this. i

i know for a fact i want a lightning fast processor, a great video/sound card (i pretty much decided on soundblaster) and the reason for the SSD drives is because i was thinking 1 for system processing and files, 1 for music, videos, photos (so if anything i can always pull it out) and one for gaming/other. thats why i figured 1 120GB SSD and 1+1 1TB SSD would be best i also heard samsung is the way to go to make the computer shine)

the monitor is my LAST part that i probably wont even buy, im going to connect it to my TV. reason i chose such a powerful power supply is because i figured its needed. correct me if im wrong but mroe power = better performance..

the one thing i cant figure out how to shop for is liquid cooling... that shit has be baffled. and also i want a AWESOME case.. preferably one that looks sick , nice amount of LED's, and a huge clear window to show off the work after its completed.. based on that ill wait on you guys to steer me in the right direction.. im no pro. ask me about insurance, bikes, or cars ill give you a full run down... computers in a NO GO lol.

thanks guys for being the only ones to actually take time out to help me!!!

sway

You need i7 4770k, asus maximus mobo, preferably evga 780ti but brand is imp to me. 780ti is a fully unlocked titan without compute and 3gb extra vram which you won't need, and cheaper and extremely capable. You should go for a seasonic/evga 800w or so psu, unless you get 2 off those gpus then you'll need a beastly 1300w+. With gaming at 1080p, trust me what I said is perfect and you'll be hurting some nice frames. I just finished my pc with custom loop.

If you want me to get a list of suggested parts for the price your shooting for I will.

tappin from the neXus 5

hey, so you are saying that "i7 4770k, asus maximus mobo" is the best processor to get? not the 4930k or whatever its called? i would like to overclock the proceso to 4.3 or so . i know the extreme processors like the i7 4930 is crazy performance my friends computer turns on in 10 seconds never freezes

BTW yes i am planning on buying 2 GPU's i guess ill listen to you and get the 780Ti SLI. i prob dont need the titan, that thing is a beast!

as far as power supply ill need 1300 watts ? or more?? what is the exact model PSU that ill need? and also what liquid cooling/ case do you reccommend me to buy i want something nice as far as those 2???? i want a REALLY nice case and water cooling though since its so visible. that would be awesome!!!!

as far as motherboard which do i get ? no clue

what do you suggest as far as hard drives??? i def want one to have 1TB for my personal stuff. was thinking 3 of them? do you have any specific ones to suggest? since i have no idea how that whole raid2 / raid0 or whatever it is works this ill def need a step by step on

also keep in mind this will be a PC not a laptop that im building =)

yes if you can build me a list of parts maybe 2 different options for each if possible that would be more than i can ask for ! that would be great!

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/ax1200i-digital-atx-power-supply-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-modular-psu ? OR HIGHER LOL

sway

i7 4770k is very fast, there's no need for a 4930k for gaming. Going for a 4930k and a mobo is already over a grand easy add two 780ti's and your knocking at the 3k door, not including psu, case etc... watercooling is easily almost a grand in itself just for decent stuff. It gets insanely expensive.

What games do you play? Do you have a microcenter near you? I know your already at 1080p res, if you get a 780ti classy, that's more than enough for that res to get amazing fps in any game, it overclocks like a beast too, and you won't have any sli headaches like waiting for games to support it. I can get you set in the right direction, you might wanna put the watercooling on hold unless your ready to dump some serious cash. I can help you save here and there by unneeded stuff, and better cheaper items. I love corsair, they have great stuff, there's better cheaper psu's out there.

tappin from the neXus 5

Last edited:
i7 4770k is very fast, there's no need for a 4930k for gaming. Going for a 4930k and a mobo is already over a grand easy add two 780ti's and your knocking at the 3k door, not including psu, case etc... watercooling is easily almost a grand in itself just for decent stuff. It gets insanely expensive.

What games do you play? Do you have a microcenter near you? I know your already at 1080p res, if you get a 780ti classy, that's more than enough for that res to get amazing fps in any game, it overclocks like a beast too, and you won't have any sli headaches like waiting for games to support it. I can get you set in the right direction, you might wanna put the watercooling on hold unless your ready to dump some serious cash. I can help you save here and there by unneeded stuff, and better cheaper items. I love corsair, they have great stuff, there's better cheaper psu's out there.

tappin from the neXus 5

ok... ill take your advice. help me setup a part list. funny i was just looking at this http://www.corsair.com/en-us/domina...ram-2400mhz-c10-memory-kit-cmd64gx3m8a2400c10

take me through what you would build. lets say cash isnt a issue. i def want to do water cooling though. basically like battlefield, need for speed world. ECT. thats the kind of game play i do. its not really so much about the gameplay its more just to say I BUILT IT lol.... but im all ears. lets hear what you suggest..

you have a PM btw

sway

Np ill get a list together in a bit an pm you, the ram is totally fine and some of the best. Do you want an easy case to work with, roomy, not massive (massive)?

Um if you received about 5 pm's apparently im new to it bc it didnt show up in my sent inbox. Pm me your email.

i cant seen to receive your PMs .. its acting weird.. can you resend, im also going to send you my email address.

sway

i cant seen to receive your PMs .. its acting weird.. can you resend, im also going to send you my email address.

Eh well keep it through email, it's easier. You can post progress here though.

tappin from the neXus 5