Buy or wait for new models?

Andi

Hello,

so, I want to buy a X51 in November.

This month, nvidia will show some new graphic cards.

So, should I wait for new models of the X51?
Or is the nvidia GTX 760Ti ok for new games?

Greetings

Andi

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Welcome to Alienware owners. The ti is a great card from all the articles that I have read. As far waiting, who knows how long it will take for the new cards to show up in AW systems. Any news on a refresh?

Andi

Welcome to Alienware owners. The ti is a great card from all the articles that I have read. As far waiting, who knows how long it will take for the new cards to show up in AW systems. Any news on a refresh?

That's the problem.
When will alienware sell a refresh...?

ADOR

What do you currently have to get you by until then?

ADOR

Currently, I have a 7 years old PC mit Intel Q9450, 8 GB DDR 2 and
Nvidia 480.

It looks like you have a better start than some. What games are you wanting to play?

They have lots of new stuff coming out now with the release of DDR4 ram, etc. We just don't know when Alienware is going to fully embrace all of it.

Andi

It looks like you have a better start than some. What games are you wanting to play?

They have lots of new stuff coming out now with the release of DDR4 ram, etc. We just don't know when Alienware is going to fully embrace all of it.

Some LAN-Games like WC3 or Counter-Strike Go
and newer games like Titanfall, Fifa 15 and
Shadow of Mordor.

Resolution is 1680x1050.
I don't need Anti Aliasing Modes like FXAA or something.

I see You

my recommendation build one save yourself from the alienware dell x51 money pit just my recommendations nothing more but my experience with the whole x51 thing , and as soon as your parts decide to go bad dell replaces them with used or reman parts not saying thats bad but the whole x51 man i will never buy one again.

Andi

Hm, it´s late november.

Do you think, that the 970 will come for the X51 in december?