test

Can't eject from DVD drive on my new X51

lammoc

Hi guys,

I just received my new X51 Alienware today and when i try to eject the disk from the DVD drive by pressing the eject button but nothing happen . I also tried to eject by right click from the DVD drive in My computer but nothing happen as well . So what should i need to try to fix this issue ? Or i have to contact technical support ?

Waiting for any reply :((

Thanks you

MattyB

I would definitely contact Dell. It should come to you in perfect working order. I'm not 100% sure but I think that the chipset driver runs the DVD drive. You could try reinstalling that from the Dell website. It could be something simple like software but it could be a bad DVD drive.

Go to Dell.com.au then select For Home then down the bottom go to Drivers and Downloads. Enter your Service Tag number (it will be on the machine somewhere). It will come up with a number of driver downloads for you unit. Select the chipset driver and follow the prompts.

If in doubt, contact Dell. It's worth a try though. Should only take a few minutes.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

If you want to contact Dell you can email this Anzxps_AP@dell.com and ask for Darren (not his real name). He usually helps me out very well.

BlackJair

Return it to DELL, but if you need the disc, try pushing the Eject Button while it is booting.

I see You

if you still have not got the disk out of the drive you can eject it from windows itself, drop to the desktop click the file icon in the task bar click on This PC and then right click the DVD drive and click eject. Assuming you have windows 8 if not and its windows 7 click the start button then click my computer then right click on the drive and eject.

sway

if you still have not got the disk out of the drive you can eject it from windows itself, drop to the desktop click the file icon in the task bar click on This PC and then right click the DVD drive and click eject. Assuming you have windows 8 if not and its windows 7 click the start button then click my computer then right click on the drive and eject.

Id hope he's gotten it out, it's only been 8 months...

tappin from the neXus 5

STDVirus

Have you tried going into file manager and right clicking on the dvd drive and selecting eject that way? I had the same problem the first time i put a dvd in my x51 but that worked for me and i've never had the problem again.

bbond007

Have you tried going into file manager and right clicking on the dvd drive and selecting eject that way? I had the same problem the first time i put a dvd in my x51 but that worked for me and i've never had the problem again.

Mine has done that before as well, seems to happen occasionally.

sunster168

Maybe you can also re-install the drive for the eject function and see if it helps.