test

Cant open desktop, apps or any program (Black Screen and back to login)

Rewos

I've had my Alienware M14X r2 for like 10 days and it worked perfectly.

Today for some reason i turned it on and every time I would try to open any program the screen goes black and sends me back to the login screen to put my password again.

I've tried to repair it with the windows 8 dvd, but it says something like hard disk can't be found.

Any ideas?

Please help :(

yikes81

Ok. Well, it sounds like a hardware issue. I would contact support and get them to come out and fix it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Rewos

It was nearly impossible to acces to the booting safe mode, because it would restart before i could do it. But i was lucky and did in the end.

Turns out I had messed up my graphics configuration u.U .

All solved now!

Thanks for your reply ppl!

AeonSoul

Good to know. Would you mind going into detail on how you solved it? Some people might face the same problem, so having an how-to would help!

Rewos

The fact is that I had been trying to change values in the NVIDIA Control Panel (3d configuration) in order to make sure that my games were using the right Video card.

For some reason i touched stuff in Global Configuration, and that f**cked up the system when i restarted windows.

What did I do?

(Had to do this real fast because the moment my pc loaded a program it would crash) Went to Configuration -> Change pc configuration -> General Use ->Advanced Start up -Restart now.

Then I selected from the screen the Safe mode, and once i was in windows 8 i went back to NVIDIA Control Panel (3d configuration)->Global configuration and pressed Restore.

Hope this helps!!