test

Chassis Problems

PrinceDevil

Sigh...I sent my laptop in last week to fix some problems with parts of the chassis being loose on the palm rest area and the lid, along with a weird gap by the right side of the lcd screen. They shipped it back on the same date arrived to them...Friday...but I still had to wait till Tuesday to get it since FedEx doesn't ship on Weekends.

Nothing was fixed TT_TT

Should I try to send it in again or give up and ignore it since it's not performance problems? I've only had it for a month brand new. I have the advanced warranty though that covers even dropping or w/e damage.

Here are the pictures of the things I wanted to fix...bits of dust are being stuck inside...

1. Weird extra large gap on the right of screen:2012-08-21 23.47.35.jpg
2. Right palm rest area, popped up: 2012-08-21 23.49.13.jpg
3: Right side of lid front, popped out: 2012-08-21 23.49.47.jpg

PrinceDevil

Whew, sorry, double post, but I'm so happy. Called just now and they said they'll ship me parts and send a technician over! <3 Alienware.

PrinceDevil

The tech came over today to replace the parts. The LCD screen problem is fixed and the top cover strip. ^__^. The chassis problem...it might of been the wrong part that got replaced. Instead of the palmrest it's actually the side thingy...that needs to be replaced. My new left click button on the touch pad is still sunken in on the left side TT_TT. Might be refurbished. I'm going to try to ignore it unless it gets worse since school is starting now. The tech was really nice though.