Chatbox?

Maelstrom

So I had the idea to put a chatbox on the site somewhere were we can talk real-time about our AWs, games or anything really. What do you guys think?

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
What about a Ventrilo server instead?

EDIT: Durbin and I have the same post count. LOL

durbin209

I'm up for vent! I have a headset :) but need to download it, or theres teamspeak which ever is cheaper.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
I hate them too. I would do Ventrilo. Nothing better than real-time. Can have different rooms, some for one on one tech support, etc.

BlackJair

Ventrilo sounds fine... But sometimes it gets too noisy s:

That, and the fact that my english is better while i write it than i speak it! xD

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Ventrilo sounds fine... But sometimes it gets too noisy s:

That, and the fact that my english is better while i write it than i speak it! xD
Vent also has a chat feature too. ;)

Durbin stop copying my post count. lol

yikes81

i dunno about a vent server, it could possibly get too noisy. but im up for an ad free chat box.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
i dunno about a vent server, it could possibly get too noisy. but im up for an ad free chat box.
Any chat box I would use would be ad free so no worries there. I'll look into it. There are a few that I am familiar.

AeonSoul

A vent server wouldn't be bad either, especially if people start gaming together :D

EMT911inWI

Do we currently have hosting options for a vent server? I know this can get a little pricey.

EMT911inWI

Well there is a free version that can be run but with limitations. Typically they limit you to 5 users logged in at a time. In order to overcome this you need to pay a 3rd party hosting company to provide the server, they in return charge you per slot. I've seen as low as .25 cents a slot up to $2.00 dollars a slot. Average server should be at minimum a 100 slot server.

Eirreann

Well there is a free version that can be run but with limitations. Typically they limit you to 5 users logged in at a time. In order to overcome this you need to pay a 3rd party hosting company to provide the server, they in return charge you per slot. I've seen as low as .25 cents a slot up to $2.00 dollars a slot. Average server should be at minimum a 100 slot server.
Ah, makes sense.... So now I know that Alienware Arena may have actually paid some to get me my private ventrilo channel; I feel touched...

Sfynxx

Haha chat box or vent sounds awesome :D I love talking...I think that's a chick thing though :p