test

Clean windows seven, 29 gb ?

johannesynt

Hi. Today I installed a mSATA on m14x, and i installed windows 7 (from original dvd form alienware). No backup, only a clean installation. Then i installed all the drivers with resource dvd...Is it possible that only windows+driver takes 29 gb? I can't belive that..my mSATA is 128, and now I have only about 80gb free.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
A 128GB is only around 119GB formatted. I have a Samsung P810 128GB mSATA SSD and that is the size formatted in windows with nothing on it. Win 7 Pro 64 needs about 20GB of free space.

Have you fully updated windows? There are a lots of updates plus your drivers might be taking up the rest.

johannesynt

A 128GB is only around 119GB formatted. I have a Samsung P810 128GB mSATA SSD and that is the size formatted in windows with nothing on it.
Ok thanks. I know that formatted is 119; anyway the problem already exist. On "COMPUTER" i saw that the disk is 119gb, but only 80gb free...so 30gb for only windows and drivers.

Now i have some games, and i have 65 gb free (and 54 busy)...if i rigth-click->property on "C", i see 54gb busy..but if a select ALL the folders in C, (with the (only) hidden folder "program data"), right-click->property i see only 41gb busy..so i don't understand where is this 13gb busy..

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
It's always good to run the disk clean up tool (choose system files too) to remove the installers, logs, and everything else left over. I've seen up to 2GB free'ed up on certain installations.

AeonSoul

I think that paging file (is the same size of your RAM) takes some gb of space, plus you have to check if automatic backup it's enabled. That takes up shit ton of space.

johannesynt

I think that paging file (is the same size of your RAM) takes some gb of space, plus you have to check if automatic backup it's enabled. That takes up shit ton of space.

For paging files, I think i can't fix it, bacouse is normal. For checking backup option, where can i look? Anywhy, i don't think to have backup enabled...