test

Command center/Thermal control Problem

MusashiFlex

After uninstalling a problematic anti-virus program (Norton) i had to restart my PC, when it rebooted i was shown 2 error boxes

Box 1:

System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

Box 2:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon' threw an exception. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceDiscovery()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass..ctor()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.Factories.ProfileRepositoryFactory.get_ProfileRepositoryforController()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main..ctor()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

When I entered the AW Command center neither the light or thermal control panels were working, both blank. I tried updating but it says i have the latest version.
I considered uninstalling and reinstalling the command center but i thought i would seek other advice first.

System:
AW Aurora R4
CPU I7
Ram 16GB

Thanks in Advance for any help

DDuB420

Your consideration to uninstall, seems to be the best next logical step to correct this.
I would (uninstall - reboot) then (install - reboot.)

Spetz

I'd uninstall and reinstall the CC - Takes about 3 minutes. I used Revo uninstaller pro, it also lets you do a search for left over registry additions.

As I', sure you know, the thermal settings are mediocre at best on the r4 with ambient sensors 1/2 working etc.. About once a week I have to unplug and drain the power before restarting to get all the sensors working. When it works, it works great...