test

Compatible headsets for m18x & m17x

Sleepy

I would like to start I thread listing all the compatable surround sound headsets for m18x and m17x laptops , as it is very hard to find good info on what headsets are good for surround sound gaming and will be compatable with a m18x ie run of a single USB connector ?

I will start of by listing the " gamecom 780 " it works with the m18x and m17x using the USB and nothing ells and gives good surround sound it cost me around £40

Only downside with it is a annoying bug that means you must set it to 7.1 each time you want to use it as it does not save your settings ,, but other than that it is very good .

I have heard that the astro will work from a USB through its mix amp ,,, but I can not get this confirmed ? So if any one has some good solid info on this or any other good surround sound headsets that can work off of a USB , please list them below as I think many m18x and m17x owners would benefit from this info

Sleepy

My own research as lead me to find out that the astro a40 are NOT compatable with out some extra parts and risk ,,, meaning you need to connect the usb and by a extra optical cable if you want to get the full 7.1 form them ,, and their have been many reports of this damaging m18x and m17xs.

i have found that the Sennheiser do a few usb only headset that are very good quality and are completely compatable and the best of them being the Sennheiser PC363d other that will work are the Sennheiser PC333d.

I have seen some other makes that also will work form usb only and give 7.1 but these do look like the best (that i can see )

hoping for some input form others here on this forum , and also hoping that my research will help others like me .

AeonSoul

Are you set on using an USB headset? What about a one with the standard plugs?

Sleepy

Are you set on using an USB headset? What about a one with the standard plugs?

I happy to use anything that is compatable with a m18x ,, so I would like people to show and tell what good headset they KNOW do work with a m18x as many are not compatable , ie need a on board sound card that the m18x don't have or need to use plugs that the m18x don't have

AeonSoul

Like, ever thought about Razer products? I own a Razer Carcharias and it's working just fine. They got also 5.1 and 7.1 headsets, but they're pricy.

Sleepy

Like, ever thought about Razer products? I own a Razer Carcharias and it's working just fine. They got also 5.1 and 7.1 headsets, but they're pricy.

Please can you say if they are compatable with a m18/17x and if so how do you connect them ? Ie USB only or usb and one of the jacks (which jack ports ) or a external sound card and if so how is that hooked up please . Price is not really the issue just being able to use them with my m18x and them having 7.1 and not needing to buy many other things to get them working

Commy1

Steelseries Siberian come in USB and 3.5mm options
Cyborg F.R.E.Q 5 headset is awesome, comes with interchangeable high quality braided cables (USB and 3.5mm smart phone compatible)
Great headset, only downside is that cable might be a bit long for what you're looking for.

The Astro's with the Mixamp will be a great set up, though if you ever plan on streaming I've heard that it's a real bugger to get working right.

AeonSoul

Please can you say if they are compatable with a m18/17x and if so how do you connect them ? Ie USB only or usb and one of the jacks (which jack ports ) or a external sound card and if so how is that hooked up please . Price is not really the issue just being able to use them with my m18x and them having 7.1 and not needing to buy many other things to get them working

My razer charcarias uses 3.5mm jacks, 2 of them, which go into the jack slots on the left side panel, one for the headphones and one for the microphone. As far as it goes for that, there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. Don't know about the others, you might want to look that up on their website.

http://www.razerzone.com/store/gaming-audio

nizmoz

I love my Razer headset. One of the best I have owned and so far has taken the abuse and no issues with the wires or anything!