test

Complete Noob Starts Upgrading Aurora R4

stupreme

Hi Aliens , Well I bought my R4 December 2012 and been saving up to make it more of a beast , This is my first Desktop I ever owned ,I've never modded or upgraded anything before ever. I bought a m15x Laptop 2 years ago and ever since then I've been hooked on Alienware.
Well anyway - I spent all my penny's and done this . 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg
The main problem i'm having is with the PSU's , The corsair I bought - I just could not get it to work in the Aurora, So I had to put all the original wires back in and I bought an area 51 1000w psu instead , It works alright but I still need a bit more power so I found an area 51 1200w psu on ebay and I will be here in 9 days .
To be honest I don't know if this psu will work as it has a couple of extra wires coming out the back but it has the black block socket that my wiring will plug straight into.
Any way - Hope you all like , One day I will buy a Reservoir/Pump Combi and try to have internal cooling but for now I'm happy with this .
Thanks for taking the time to read and any feedback would be great , Thanks Aliens :)

DDuB420

Awesome!​

holeyguy66

Very clean man. Where you find a 1200 psu at man. I'm having trouble finding anothe 1100

stupreme

I don't know quite how much power the 690's need, When I eventually add the combi res/pump and a couple more radiators I will run them off the psu as well , The reserator I have has its own power lead that plugs in the mains.

holeyguy66

1200 will be more than enough power. I'm running a pump/res unit with built in fan controller. Along with my lights and everthing else on 1100 watts. The unit I'm using is a koolance rp-985. The pump in mine runs 1.75 gpm. They also have 2 other versions that have a stronger pump all the way up to 3 gpm. If your wanting one like it check ebay. Ill get the link to the store when I get home. Or frozencpu.com.

Rob Wills

Hi Stupreme; I like the look of this, and I'm impressed with the tidiness of the inside of the machine - much easier to work with. Hope you sort out the power issue. Good job.

stupreme

Thanks Rob , My 1200w area 51 ALX PSU should be with me this week. I can't wait to get some gaming on :)

stupreme

It's arrival date is between the 7th and the 10th, I thought it would be here end of last week but nahh. I so hope it comes today - Triple Fan EXOS

holeyguy66

by the way stu why couldnt you get your corsair psu to work with your aurora. im thinking of saving money up and getting me a little bigger psu then what i got.

stupreme

To be honest mate I have no idea why the Corsair AX1200i didn't work - I traced every single wire that came from the stock 875psu to where it plugged in the mother board and replaced them with the cables that came with the corsair, the HDD bays and also the little lighting board under the dvd unit. everything that had the 875psu cable plugged in I replaced. every new cable was then plugged back into the new corsair psu, when I powered up the beast I just got a flicker of red light from the Alien FX and then nothing, re checked everything - it was all plugged in , turned on again - flicker of light again , and after a couple of hours of this I got annoyed and decided to put in the 875 again , and then I bought the 1000w - which isn't powerful enough - oh the joys of being a noob :) and here's some more sad news I posted in Alienware Arena today in my Trial and Error Thread.( I copied and pasted it)

EEEErrrrGGGGhhhhhhh another set back , today (10 days after) I got a message from paypal saying that the order I placed has not been dispatched , please get in touch with supplier. what a joke , so the exos in picture above wont be turning up this week . THANK YOU VERY MUCH SPECIALTECH.CO.UK FOR NOT BOTHERING TO LET ME KNOW THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO FULFILL MY ORDER AND HAVE PAYPAL DO THE WORK FOR YOU. As you can imagine I'm pretty gutted right now. anyway I have ordered it again, this time from Koolance.com and it should be with me in 7 days. so now I have had to get my 1200w area 51 PSU from America and now the Koolance EX2-1055 is coming from America as well.
Man the way things have been going I may as well just pack up and move to the USA . I would save a shit load of money on import charges and I would think life would be cheaper and better.

nE0n1nja

Man the way things have been going I may as well just pack up and move to the USA . I would save a shit load of money on import charges and I would think life would be cheaper and better.

Hah mate you're lucky, UK is a great place to be, trust me, over here where I am you can't even order 90% of the cool products, Paypal doesn't even work, Alienware, Razer, Corsair, forget about it lol. And even if you somehow manage to order something (private transport etc..) you pay ridiculously high import and shipping fees + you pay percentage to the 3rd party that brings you the product!
So cheer up, it's better to get your stuff later than never :).

stupreme

Hah mate you're lucky, UK is a great place to be, trust me, over here where I am you can't even order 90% of the cool products, Paypal doesn't even work, Alienware, Razer, Corsair, forget about it lol. And even if you somehow manage to order something (private transport etc..) you pay ridiculously high import and shipping fees + you pay percentage to the 3rd party that brings you the product!
So cheer up, it's better to get your stuff later than never :).

Thanks Man - I feel better already :)

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Good news everyone , I have just installed my new Area 51 1200w PSU and my aurora r4 likes it , I just managed to start up a few games that made my pc shut down when it was running on the 1000w psu . So every thing is looking good - Just one more thing to come now , which is the EXOS I had to re-order, Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. WoopWoop :)
20130509_191440.jpg20130509_191446.jpg20130509_193220.jpg