test

CPU pump FAILED (after BIOS update)

johannesynt

Hi,I recently update BIOS from a very old version (A03) to A09 (installing all old version in order, from A04, A05 etc..).
Now, in Alien Command Center, i see CPU pump FAILED, but from HWinfo64 i see that the max temperature of the 4 core is only 41 (in idle). Coretemp shows the same temp.
From Alienautopsy, in CPU detalis, i see that the max temp is 47...but i think alienautopsy is not a very good software.
Anyway, I'm worried about this FAILURE cpu pump.
Any ideas? In a thread i read something about a BIOS setting, but i'm not sure.

I have just formatted the pc, with windows 8, all drivers news from dell site.
If I open tha case, and put the fingers on tubes of liquid cooling system, i can fell tha water flowing, so i think the pump is running..maybe a software problem from AlienWare Cammand Center? I have a problem with alienfx too..if a change colors combination, only the keyboard change...the case don't change the colors.

Last edited:

johannesynt

Solved; i disconnected power calble and all others cable, than hold the power button for 20-30 sec, and than reinstalled ACC

johannesynt

Pump failed again. I week ago i formatted the pc, i installed fresh windows 8 enterprise, with latest drivers. The pump was running. I didn'turn on the pc for a week, and today i turned it on, and the pump is FAILED again.
The temperature of CPU is very good (in idle the max is 36 C with i7 3820), but the command center indicates 0 C for two secnsors, and 65 C for the 3st sensor.
Please help.