CPU temperature

AeonSoul

I was wondering, what's your CPU temp when normally using your m17x for desktop work (not gaming)?

Dantheman221

Its all about how dell pasted the toothpaste in your system xD Sometimes, it can be 60*C sometimes, it can be 80*C or higher!

Checkmate

Mine idles at around ~50 degrees according to HWINFO. When gaming, it goes to around 60 degrees. I do use a Cooler Master U3 cooler pad.

Dantheman221

Mine idles at around ~50 degrees according to HWINFO. When gaming, it goes to around 60 degrees. I do use a Cooler Master U3 cooler pad.
thats actually pretty good for standard paste! You are lucky you dont need to re-paste it! ^^

Maelstrom

I was at a friends house last night and he has a crappy HP laptop from 4 years ago that gets hot as hell. We decided to turn of the temp. limit and overclock the GPU to see how how we could get it. It got up to 120 C and it was still working... We couldn't get it to go higher so we gave up on melting it.

Checkmate

thats actually pretty good for standard paste! You are lucky you dont need to re-paste it! ^^
Well, technically, it was re-pasted when I sent my M17x R3 back when I had a video issue a month ago. The diagnosis on the warranty repair was a replacement motherboard. So maybe they did a better job at the re-paste? :)

Dantheman221

Well, technically, it was re-pasted when I sent my M17x R3 back when I had a video issue a month ago. The diagnosis on the warranty repair was a replacement motherboard. So maybe they did a better job at the re-paste? :)
Maybe ^^

calric

average about 43-54ish, gaming usually about ~60-70 i've seen it go up quite a bit more a few times though and it probably does go a bit higher when not paying attention to it.

AeonSoul

I am in the same range aswell, 45-50ish on idle/desktop work. 60+ when gaming, althrough I haven't played any intensive games these past days, so I will check up when I'll be able to play some Deus Ex or even ME3.