Crappy key board

Who-V

So ive had my 18 for less than a week. and today while playing Trine, THe Number 2 button pops off.... I managed to get it back on but now its all loose. WTF Alienware??? anyone have any ideas how I can tighten up this key?

yikes81

Laptop keys go on a particular way. If it is not snapped in properly it sits loose.

Does the key have 2 pieces that crisscross each other? If so try and seat them properly on the key first (the trickiest part), then pop the bottom half of the key and legs on first, then lay down the key flat and press the whole keys down flat until it snaps in.

Tapatalk'n

Who-V

Yup, I've done this a couple times. Looks fine and feels fine until
I hit the key off enter in anyway then it just falls off and gets stuck behind
The other keys again. I'm on the phone with alienware now...

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

As an update. Dell is sending an alienware tech to my home to replace the keyboard.

shankc

I would get on the phone to alienware. After paying a large sum of money you expect a quality build. I no its only something small but you played for a quality system something has gone wrong down the line

Who-V

Well wtf dell. So I was told dell was gonna send a tech to my house. They even called to
Confirm. I took the day off work to be there so they could fix my keyboard,
Nobody came....after about 45 mins of waiting, call transfers, wrong numbers and wrong departments, I finally
Talked to someone who told me the keyboard hasn't been received by the tech and was never going to
Come to my house until it was received. I never should have received a call until then. I asked who to send my bill to
For my lost wages for that day. The guy was abit confused.... IDIOTS! Now I'm waiting on the parts to show up. Wtf? Starting to think
I should have just shipped it back for the new one.

shankc

They do take the piss I took 3 days off just before Christmas last year and they done same didn't turn up or phone me so I told them I would be getting in touch with my solicitor so they gave me a trade up from an xps l502x to my alienware and only had to pay a couple of hundred quid so all in all I saved about £500 which was good but I had to work those days over Christmas. I was well peeved but then my R4 came and made me forget all about lol

Mustangdave

Yeah..... I just encountered the same problem on my 18 that I spent over 3k on.........

shankc

An hour and a half to change a keyboard !!! Do they train the techie's on new systems. It should of took half hour at most,I had 1 guy I think he trained as a butcher as I he kept just tossing parts round on the table dropping screws and I had gave him a good clean dining table with little dishes for screws and a soft matt type thing to stop scratches but he was that clueless. He scratched my screen ,lost 2 screws and he didn't even fix my laptop it was worse. So I was raging when I got on the phone as I had missed 3 days work as he never turned up twice without even a call to let me no. But all in all he done me a favour as I stated his incompetence on the phone that he scratched my laptop and it was even worse but they did give me a sweet deal on my new system after I threatened I was going to put in a claim at the small claims court. I have not had to get an Alienware techie out touch wood but I hope they are different from dell's technician's but by the sound of things they aren't very competent

Rant over lol I'm a happy ;) Alienware user know and its awesome