Custom Alienware build

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Stage 1: Dissasemble

Upon cracking open this beauty for the first time there was an abundance of tar and dust bunnies.

Clean up on this case was quite a chore.
The tar was repulsive and took a while to cleanse.

After removing the components I removed the HDD cage to make room for dual 120mm intake fans on the front side of the chassis.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kanes_Inferno

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Stage 2: Chassis / Body Customization

Next, my mission was to create new ways for air to flow through the case and keep the fever down.

To make room for my radiator and the push pull fan setup, I had to slot the power supply tail using a wheel grinder and air nibbler. Those tools did a phenomenal job.

I also needed to make room for the back side of the motherboard and cut out an opening on the mounting wall of the chassis. I'm very please with the shape!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Stage 3: Fan cut outs

Using a stencil I scribed in the patterns for the fan holes. Two 120mm intake fans on the front of the case to get air moving and three 120mm exhaust ports on top to pull air across the radiator and out of the case.

(Sneak peak of the exhaust ports on the outer top shell. See more in my next post!)

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Stage 4: Chassis & Shell preparation

Since the custom airflow vents and necessary alterations have been made to the chassis & shell, it is time to prep them both for primer and paint. Even did a test fit for fan placement for the push-pull setup on my CPU radiator and I must say the build is starting to reflect my vision.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

More updates to come soon!

Last edited:

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Update:

I successfully found matching mesh grills for the front intake fans and the side vents!

Also in transit is my new GPU: Asus GTX 1070 STRIX.

I cannot contain my excitement!!!

P.S. There will be a full component list used in this PC posted alongside the final build.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Stage 5: Paint all the pieces!

Finally the time has arrived to paint all the pieces, one of the last few steps and very rewarding at that. Used Spazstix paint for the first time and I must say it is phenomenal. The gold to green chameleon paint is exactly what I envisioned for the side vents.

To be continued...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
Stage 5 continued: Paint all the pieces!

Today I spent a lot of time priming, painting, and test fitting. I'm overwhelmingly anxious to wrap this project up and boastfully display it on my desk. Altogether, my vision for this rig is being fulfilled.

Parts that arrived this week were the grills for the top radiator exhaust fan vents, an Icy Dock 5.25" bay HDD cage with an integrated fan (which I will be swapping out for a Thermaltake Riing RGB fan), and my Asus GTX 1070 Strix GPU. There are some last items still in the mail: a pci-e (7) USB 3.0 adapter a Icy Dock 2.5" - 3.5" tray adapter for the HDD cage.

It won't be long now!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: