test

Custom Gaming System Build

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I am working on yet another desktop build. I always seem to catch the bug to build another gaming system towards the end of the year. :) I really wanted the GTX 690 card but at $1025, that is crazy! It is basically two GTX 680s in one.

Some stuff I already had but the new stuff is still in boxes on my work bench waiting to be assembled.

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) CPU
Corsair H50 Liquid CPU Cooler with push/pull fans
ASUS Maximus V Gene LGA 1155 Intel Z77 M-ATX motherboard
16GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1866mhz memory
256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD
1TB Seagate Hard Drive
EVGA SuperClocked+ GeForce GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Samsung Blue-ray/DVD-RW drive
Corsair 600T Case
Corsair AX850 850w modular power supply

Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor
Alienware TactX Keyboard
Logitech G930 Headset
Logitech Z906 500w 5.1 speaker system (I miss my Z5500 system)

I'll update the thread with pics as I progress.

that is a beast! (btw I don't think 256 will suffice you ought to get another ssd)
I wish I had money like you man!

WaLkAwaY

I am working on yet another desktop build. I always seem to catch the bug to build another gaming system towards the end of the year. :) I really wanted the GTX 690 card but at $1025, that is crazy! It is basically two GTX 680s in one.

Some stuff I already had but the new stuff is still in boxes on my work bench waiting to be assembled.

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) CPU
Corsair H50 Liquid CPU Cooler with push/pull fans
ASUS Maximus V Gene LGA 1155 Intel Z77 M-ATX motherboard
16GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1866mhz memory
256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD
1TB Seagate Hard Drive
EVGA SuperClocked+ GeForce GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Samsung Blue-ray/DVD-RW drive
Corsair 600T Case
Corsair AX850 850w modular power supply

Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor
Alienware TactX Keyboard
Logitech G930 Headset
Logitech Z906 500w 5.1 speaker system (I miss my Z5500 system)

I'll update the thread with pics as I progress.

Sounds good. I went and looked up the case because I always like to see them. I really like how they cut the holes in the MLB base plate (not sure what it is called) and rimmed them with rubber so you can run the wires under the MLB.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
that is a beast! (btw I don't think 256 will suffice you ought to get another ssd)
I wish I had money like you man!

I wish I had that kind of money too. It's called interest free for 12 months with a Newegg.com Preferred card! LOL

256GB SSD is just for the OS and a couple of my games. Has always been enought in the past for me, even with all my apps installed too. (Adobe Master Suite, MS Office, and a few others) All my music, photos, docs, etc all go on my 1TB storage drive.

Sounds good. I went and looked up the case because I always like to see them. I really like how they cut the holes in the MLB base plate (not sure what it is called) and rimmed them with rubber so you can run the wires under the MLB.

That is a great case. I used 2 of them in the past for other builds. They have updated it a little with the mesh side panel and available window insert, or you can buy the case with the window side panel. Personally, I like having no window or mesh opening on the side panel. My desktops sit on top of my desk and I rather not have another opening to hear fans and noise.

The only con for that case is that it was one for the first cases to have a front I/O USB 3.0 port, but at the time there were no motherboards that had USB 3.0 motherboard headers, so Corsair make you do a pass through to the rear motherboad I/O to connect it.

corsair-600t_usb3.jpg

They haven't updated the front I/O panel and said they have no plans too. Now that motherboards have USB 3.0 headers, I use this cable so I do not have a cable coming out of the back of my case....

usb-type-female-female-pin-box-header-slot-adapter-164076c.jpg

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Got the new system built last night... well early this morning. My OCD for wire management took the most time. :) I'll post up the pics tomorrow.

I ran WEI with everything stock and got a 7.7 total score. My CPU was 7.7, memory was 7.8, and everything else was maxed at 7.9. I OC'ed my CPU just a little from 3.5 GHz to 4.2 GHz and my CPU and total score went to 7.8. I am happy with that. It's running very fast, stable, cool, and quiet.