test

Custom Vinyl Skins for Alienware

Would you apply a Custom Vinyl Skin to your Alienware?

• Sure, looks cool and it protects my AW from scratches

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • I'll Pass, I dont stick stickers on my Laptop

Votes: 46 55.4%

• Total voters

DDuB420

Recently Ive been researching these custom vinyl skins for Alienware Laptops

I found a thread on NBR, anand00x posted pics his skin.

I found this site
A revolutionary way to customize your device with a durable, ultra high gloss finish (standard) or Matte/Satin (optional) vinyl skin. Skins are produced using high resolution digital printing with photo quality! The skins' images are protected with a special clear layer (Matte/Satin option available) laminate for extra durability. We're so confident in our product that we offer a NO FADE image guarantee! We stand behind our product and ensure a bubble free application. The non permanent adhesive allows easy removal & leaves NO sticky residue behind. Our one-of-a-kind contact paper application process comes FREE with each skin set so that you can easily apply your skins, for more information check our installation guide video!

http://www.decalrus.com/19-al
They have pages of skins that you can choose from, some of them look pretty cool, others not so much. :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts on Protective Vinyl skins? Would you get one?

Does anyone know of other sites?

Last edited:

Commy1

yeah, wow busy indeed. I like that it would protect my precious rig, soft of and make it even more head turning but yeah..

MattyB

How would the glue from the skin go on the 'soft touch' material when you decided to remove it?

yikes81

lol .. interesting. i would only be interested in the top lid vinyl though.

These ones caught my attention.

ejohnson

I would really like to see just a clear one. I dont want the graphics, just the protection.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Putting it straight on would be my worries. Mess it up once = throw it out.

AeonSoul

Putting it straight on would be my worries. Mess it up once = throw it out.

I've seen the video with the instruction on how to apply them, unless you fully attach the whole skin you can deattach it while trying to get it straight on. Or at least that's what they show there.

MattyB

Hopefully they're easy to put on than anti-glare screen protectors. Tried to put one on my M11x last week. FAIL.

They are exactly like iPhone screen protectors but bigger. Screw up once and you're fucked!

DDuB420

Ive had my share of headaches when putting on screen protectors, good times.