Cyborg R.A.Ts

Commy1

Title obvious, I currently have the Razer Naga and it's pretty sweet in both performance and look but I've heard tell of another sweet set of mice that offer something more for the FPS player. I've recently got more into FPS and am considering it. The fabric on my lapdesk which I use for my mouse has become agitating when pinky or thumb gets caught and I miss my shot because of it. The RATs seem to have a thumb rest, useful or not?

The RAT9 MMO seems like an awesome choice but I don't know a lot about it, does anyone have it? Recommend for a lap desk using gamer?
Should I go for the slightly cheaper, wire RAT 7 with the AIM button? Does the left button on the MMO version work as an aim button or no?

GD on the RAT's please =)

MattyB

I only have a R.A.T 3 but I am pretty impressed. After using this one I am thinking I may have to go for the 7 or 9 soon. I say go striaght for the top and get the 9! The thumb rest feels pretty good actually. I had forgotten it was even there until you reminded me but now I couldnt imagine not having it.

Eirreann

I would love to own a R.A.T. mouse! Definitely on my to-buy list after my rig...

VagrantXeth

I imagine they can't be more uncomfortable than a regular mouse. If it is customizable to the size of your hand, I would think that it would be easier for long hours of use.

MattyB

The 3 is perfectly comfortable. I dont know about the 7 or 9 though. I would imagine they would be pretty similar. Mine isnt size adjustable but I believe the better ones are. The cable is extremely long which can be a little irritating.

Commy1

Good to know, I have the RAT 7 and the Razer Nostromo on my list of things to buy next.. and seeing as how the Nostromo is suddenly out of stock, it'll probably be the RAT first.

MattyB

Say what?! Each to their own I guess. When I have my M17x all lit up in red it looks like it gave birth to the R.A.T!

AeonSoul

Yeah that's mostly why I don't really like it, cause it looks broken :p

Commy1

Lol broken? Pfft... better than any mouse those people talking have. They'd probably try to play MW3 with a track pad if you through them into the game.

Commy1

So I bought the R.A.T 7 and so far my opinion is that it's smaller than expected. Unlike the Razer Naga I usually use, this one feels quite flat, not AS flat as the Alienware Tactx but close. It's not at all uncomfortable though and the customization is a god sent, worked it down to exactly what I want. Loving the thumb and additional pinky rest, Much easier to keep my fingers off the mat when having to move quickly. The software is short and to the point, not issues yet, still playing around with it a bit to make the Aim button work best for my needs. 6400 DPI is waaayyy too sensitive for me, I had to turn it down to 5000 as my preferred. Any questions please ask, don't buy it till you're sold lol...

MattyB

Glad you like it. Thought you would though! I will upgrade my R.A.T 3 soon I think.