Damn you Americans and your cheap prices!!

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
So I was pricing an M11x today while I was bored at work and I decided to compare the Australian price to US. Both machines were built almost exactly the same with only a small difference in the hard drives (Aus 750GB 7200rpm - US 1TB 5400RPM). The cost here in Oz was $1960.60. The US price was $1349.00. I'm assuming there is extra US sales tax added depending on the state you are in but man that is a big difference. Our dollar is worth more than yours too these days!!

I probably could have flown myself to the US and back to buy my M17x and still had change to buy myself a fancy dinner!

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I agree, in México i will sell my R2 in about $1800 Dls, while in USA it cost max $900 Dls... Selling my R2 will pay my new R3, USA sells everything CHEAP!

Thats awesome for you!! Free upgrade! Nice.
Maybe I should plan my next holiday for the US. I have enough Qantas Frequent Flyer points for a round trip!

So I was pricing an M11x today while I was bored at work and I decided to compare the Australian price to US. Both machines were built almost exactly the same with only a small difference in the hard drives (Aus 750GB 7200rpm - US 1TB 5400RPM). The cost here in Oz was $1960.60. The US price was $1349.00. I'm assuming there is extra US sales tax added depending on the state you are in but man that is a big difference. Our dollar is worth more than yours too these days!!

I probably could have flown myself to the US and back to buy my M17x and still had change to buy myself a fancy dinner!

I blame our current govt and their damn luxury taxes.