Dead as a doornail

Yeti

Well, not much going on around here.

The R2 is out but I don't see any real biggies there:

possibilitiy for 3 HDDs --> that is nice
the 675M --> is a rebranded 580M
no AMD 7970 Crossfire according to recent reports. Too hot (?)
antiglare screen --> who-hoo
custom glowing Alien head --> stretching at this point to find improvements

Have I missed out on any R2 improvements?

Maelstrom

They added the i7 2960XM as an option for processors. They added mSATA support as well as options for having a mSATA boot drive. And, in addition to what you have said, that's pretty much it.

Yeti

Yeah - there can't be many M18x owners with problems out there.. or this site just hasn't made peoples radar yet

lloyd

why would we have problems, this coming from a dyslexic computer illiterate trying to figure out ICS on droid.

ThatOldGuy

Because all computers have problems, either with the system, or the organic being behind the system ;)

Yeti

Lol yes us organics are known to cause problems. Or PEBKAC as we used to say in the old days. PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

Wizzard

Lets get this party started! I picked up a used M18x. Loving it so far.

Intel i7 2920xm
AMD 6990m
8GB RAM
500GB HDD
1920x1080p FHD screen
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

n13L5

antiglare screen --> who-hoo
Could you tell me about that? Is it the thin plastic screen they mount in front of the actual LCD panel that carries the non reflective features?

Is it a coating, or does the surface have tiny sculpted diffractors in it? Is it something else?

You may not care, but the fact I can't use my M17x with ANY light source located behind me annoys me to no end.

I don't want to see my keyboard reflected in the screen at night, so sharp and clear, it beats the crap out of the imagery of whatever game I play.

Psysop

First I purchased the m18xr1 and a weak later they released the r2. So I sent it back and recieved the r2. Not much of a approvement from GTX 580M SLI to GTX 675M SLI but the new 3rd gen i7-3920XM @ 3.8 GHz with turbo boost made it worth it.