test

Dead motherboard area51 r2. How to recover Raid5 data?

aliensocal

My area51 r2 powers on but nothing shows on the monitor- have tried clearing cmos but no change. I'm afraid the motherboard is shot. Btw, the last msg I saw on the monitor before it went black was something about an unsupported overclocking configuration, which I know nothing about because I was running with default settings. How can I access my data files which are in a 3-disk Raid5 configuration of 2TB hdd's. My win10 os is on a separate sdd, not part of the Raid5 array. Using diskinternals raid recovery software is one option, but pretty expensive at $250. Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

aliensocal

My area51 r2 powers on but nothing shows on the monitor- have tried clearing cmos but no change. I'm afraid the motherboard is shot. Btw, the last msg I saw on the monitor before it went black was something about an unsupported overclocking configuration, which I know nothing about because I was running with default settings. How can I access my data files which are in a 3-disk Raid5 configuration of 2TB hdd's. My win10 os is on a separate sdd, not part of the Raid5 array. Using diskinternals raid recovery software is one option, but pretty expensive at $250. Thank you for any help.
Update:

RAID5 data recovery:
We used Zero Assumption recovery software. It was one of the easiest to use, did not require input of RAID5 config info, showed available files, and, best of all, at $69.95 it came with a 30-day money back guarantee. It worked! [We also tried Disk Internals which appeared to work, but their price was $249].