test

Decision Time!

Andrew_J994

Im torn. For the next addition I cannot decide which to get. Here are the contenders:

Older IMac, core i5 early 2010s, Local, Fully working
Pre Dell Area 51 M15X, Fully working, Busted Hinges
Alienware Area 51 D9T(D900T), Pentium 4, Unknown condition, Seller has not replied to my questions.

Obviously, The ballpark is in the Mac and M15X territory. Cant decide. On the batting team the coolness, collectabilty, and portability of the M15X is hands down, God knows I dont need another desktop. On the field, The IMac is an all-in-one, is fully working with no issues, is a bit newer and can develop and tinker with ios and my iphone.

Only fear with the Mac is apples anti-right to repair coniption, and if something goes wrong I fear it would be very expensive to fix. My cousin runs a 3rd apple repair store and spoke on television about apples right to repair, It seems that people arent too happy with apple in this stance.

MattyB

I'd just have to say no to the iMac just on personal principals. My vote would be the M15x. I bought a D9T a number of years ago as a project but I ended up just throwing the thing away. Stupid thing to do now I think about it.

Andrew_J994

Yeah gonna have to go with the M15X on this one. Gotta bid on a MacBookPro for my iOS and MacOS needs. If it falls through Ill buy the M15X immediately after the seller answers a few questions about the item and if I dont find another good deal on a macbook.

If it doesn’t Im getting some income by selling a custom desktop to a friend and then will buy the M15X. Been listed for quite a while now so im not afraid of it going anywhere just yet, should have the money by jan 5th if the MacBook Goes through.

IMac is completely out of the question at this point, with my desk being setup the way it is and without help to build my addition I’ve been asking for since I bought my Predator 2 I cannot fit another desktop on here. Especially when My Aurora R4 ALX becomes my Linux development and spare gaming pc

Andrew_J994

M15X deal fell through.

Had a great exchange with the seller, however dealing with this absolute twonk with this macbook delayed the transaction while in the meantime, the M15X sold.

I was very frustrated as not only could I not get the Alien, the macbook was sold out from under me. So I was basically out of the item I waited 3 days to pay for while the sale was in contension.

So anyone reading; if you have an Original Silver M15X with the Skullcap lcd cover youre willing to let go of, let me know!

Condition requirements:
-It boots to bios
-The LCD Cover is not cracked (on the top, cracking around hinge is okay.
-Hinges do not have to be intact; that is not a deal breaker for me.
-AC Adapter Included

Photo of what im looking for:
01BA91C1-071A-43FC-8FE0-C0970E407E20.jpeg

Open to other laptops as well, as long as it boots to bios, includes AC Adapter, and has the Skullcap LCD Cover or mALX design