test

Delivery problems

Soko

Hey all

I ordered my alienware a week ago today, I had an update a couple of days later saying it was shipped from the china manufacturing depot. I have seen no update since then (4 days ago) and there is no eta on the tracking.

I emailed Dell and no response. I am worried as looking at other threads people normally have it at least in their country the following day yet I have nothing and my eta when I bought the laptop was next week.

Should I be worried?

Sarah

Well your estimated delivery date is toward the end of the month so I wouldn't worry too much. If you know the courier then you may be able to contact them directly for info on the whereabouts of your parcel. It's probably sat on a pallet in China waiting for it's scheduled flight. Dell can"t really help that much because as far as they're concerned it's left the factory and it"s the responsibility of the courier to deliver it now. But you"re right, mine left the factory in China and it was delivered to me about 30 hours later which was 3 days before the delivery estimate.

Soko

Well your estimated delivery date is toward the end of the month so I wouldn't worry too much. If you know the courier then you may be able to contact them directly for info on the whereabouts of your parcel. It's probably sat on a pallet in China waiting for it's scheduled flight. Dell can"t really help that much because as far as they're concerned it's left the factory and it"s the responsibility of the courier to deliver it now. But you"re right, mine left the factory in China and it was delivered to me about 30 hours later which was 3 days before the delivery estimate.

Thanks Sarah, I'll see if Dell email me back tomorrow otherwise I'll try and get hold of this Walsh international courier.

mrvudoo

Congratz on getting tracking number haha. I ordered my AW 14 rig last Wednesday and have been anxiously waiting for just the tracking #. I got 2 day shipping on it too. Hope you get it soon.

shankc

The worst thing is the wait, But when it arrives its like all you're Christmases have came at once. Lol welcome to the club

Soko

Congratz on getting tracking number haha. I ordered my AW 14 rig last Wednesday and have been anxiously waiting for just the tracking #. I got 2 day shipping on it too. Hope you get it soon.

It looks like you got the same spec as me, although I am putting in a mSata card myself.

Fingers crossed for you! delivery companies irritate me. How hard is it to keep people informed of their packages.... they have one job, move package from A - B, yet they struggle. Maybe I should create one that works! :)

Soko

Quick update.

Phoned Dell yesterday to ask about the tracking website, they said it wouldn't update until it arrived in England. I just got an update to say ETA tomorrow!! :D.... 25th October. Which is 4 days earlier than their original update :D..... fingers crossed. Very excited despite having a more powerful desktop lol.

Sarah

Quick update.

Phoned Dell yesterday to ask about the tracking website, they said it wouldn't update until it arrived in England. I just got an update to say ETA tomorrow!! :D.... 25th October. Which is 4 days earlier than their original update :D..... fingers crossed. Very excited despite having a more powerful desktop lol.

Hey that is brilliant news - you must be so excited! :) See I said not to worry for a few more days and here you are on the eve of getting a gorgeous machine :) You will not be disappointed :)

mrvudoo

Hey Soko, awesome that its arriving soon. Still haven't received my tracking number yet. Hope you enjoy the new rig.

Soko

Hey Soko, awesome that its arriving soon. Still haven't received my tracking number yet. Hope you enjoy the new rig.

How long ago did you order it? That seems strange, I got mine literally 2 days later and you have basically the same rig as me!

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Hey that is brilliant news - you must be so excited! :) See I said not to worry for a few more days and here you are on the eve of getting a gorgeous machine :) You will not be disappointed :)

Thank you :)

shankc

It just comes down to luck of the draw some people get there system's a week before estimated delivery date others a week sometimes later. But when it comes all the waiting the checking of movement is all worth it when you get it. Its like Christmas when you still believed in Santa lol

toshibala

It's kind of weird.. I ordered my system on Feb 25/14.
Today I spoke to a representative and was told that my order has been shipped..
I checked online and got the Tracking #, but this is all I see..

Mar 7, 2014 11:27 p.m. U.S.A. Ground Linehaul Departed sort facility
Mar 7, 2014 11:26 p.m. Purolator Shipping label created with reference(s): 470211178, 571364245

I thought these laptops were made in China? Does this mean that my laptop is already in North America?
Purolator isn't very specific when it comes to tracking details..