test

DELL's driver page

AeonSoul

Hey,
I've been facing this issue for a couple of days already. Whenever I go to DELL's drivers page to check if there's any driver update for my system, the most recent ones are dated up to 2010. No new drivers showing up, while some time ago I had drivers up to date to 2012, including the latest BIOS updates ad whatnot.
To make an example, before I could download BIOS revs A08, A09, A10. Now only BIOS rev A07 shows up, which wasn't there before.
Same goes for every other type of driver.

I was actually looking for the latest GFX drivers released by DELL, but like this is not possible.
Anyone facing the same problem?

MattyB

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. I emailed my Dell guy about it because my machine was listed as an M17x (instead of M17x R3) and I only had options to use drivers for the original M17x. He says they are updating their support website at the moment. You should still be able to manually search for the driver you want but the newer drivers won't be listed under your machines Service Tag. He assures me it will all be back to normal soon.

I faced the same problem today while rebooting my system. Most of the drivers listed on site were the same with my resource dvd which I got back last december. Had to manually search for some, its very annoying. Hope they update the site soon enough.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I normally go to the manufacturers site for updated drivers. Intel has a nice tool that will scan your system for Intel hardware (Network card, Wireless Card, Chipset, Integrated Graphics, etc) and will tell you what drivers are up to date or have a newer version with links to download it.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

AeonSoul

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. I emailed my Dell guy about it because my machine was listed as an M17x (instead of M17x R3) and I only had options to use drivers for the original M17x. He says they are updating their support website at the moment. You should still be able to manually search for the driver you want but the newer drivers won't be listed under your machines Service Tag. He assures me it will all be back to normal soon.
Yeah I noticed that aswell, while if you do a driver search on the US website non related to the service tag you're able to choose m17x r3 and all the drivers are there.

MattyB

It freaked me out for a little bit. Especially since nothing had changed with my M11x. Anyway, all's well that ends well, as they say.

BlackJair

Maybe thats the problem with my laptop, when i got it it was fast as hell, but since i installed a clean version of W7 it got slower and slower... I will try the tool Tommy posted and post how it went.

MattyB

Yeah, great link thanks Tommy. I had one driver that needed updating. I will use it regularly.