test

Desktop ARea 51 Legacy Command Centre ?

vlcrouk

Hello all

some awesome machines on here.

here is my 2 so far both repaired and working by myself, running Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800
8gb Ram GeForce 8800 GTX

they are both running win7 64 no probs.
i cant get a version anywhere of command centre to change the light system
1. the black one is stuck on red - nice thou :) and all working.
2. the blue one only lights up when i remove the ram and reinstall and restart, after 2nd boot thay all go out.

i have tried diff versions of command centre but they aint compatabile. i do have some alienware disc's winxp thou
and the one soes have copies but there password protected and i dont know what the password is. zip files.

thanks
what do you guys use if you update your operating system and want to use the lights fx

cheersAlienware black .jpg

Alienware blue .jpg

MattyB

Looks like Dell don't have this information anymore for some reason.
I would also like to know since I'm rebuilding one of these myself. Good luck!

vlcrouk

yeah
i know matty
everytime i get one and try and install it says not compatabile.
i do have some alienware disc's but the rar files are password protected and i dont know the password. unless alienware used the same password for many of there rar zip files :)

ADOR

Have you tried those files on xp or vista? It may be that the program isn't compatable with windows 7. I have a few legacy programs that they won't work on. A few more work on 32 bit W7 than on 64 bit.

Alienwulf

Unless your running the stock motherboard and have the Command Center Ver. that came with it odds are not good you will ever get it working. Best bet is to convert the Fx host board and daughter board to passive. These boards can be found for now on ebay cheap and allow you to change the lights to any color you want. I found you get tired of playing with the lights anyway. So setting by S/W is no big deal.
Alienware AlienFX Main Board RGB ELC Base
Alienware ALIENFX Light kit ELC Passive Card PC051103
These cards work well I bought several for stock as they are starting to become hard to find.
Nice looking case's by the way, I love updating them but like keeping the Alieware feel. One trick I use is to buy a Windows key and install from a Alienware disk then activate it with the Key. Ends up looking just like out of the box.

Here is a Fx lighting program made for Alienware to work with out Command Center installed might work for you.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...307050-legacy-alienfx-tools-applications.html

Last edited:

vlcrouk

hello
thanks for that alienwulf.
i a, using the stock board (Intel D975XBX) with active cards, as i say i have a zip file on my alienware disc of command centre but its password protected and i dont know it. :(
i shall have a look at the software posted.
thanks