Desktop or laptop?!! Argggh

durbin209

I prefer laptop, that way i can use it in bed take it to a friends and stuff like that.

Maelstrom

If you want to take it with you then get a laptop. If you don't really think that you'll take it anywhere with you then get a desktop for the better cost : performance ratio.

calric

As others have mentioned it really depends on your lifestyle needs. I, personally, bring my laptop with me to my inlaws and use/play with it there. Think about the future as well; if you plan on moving to something where you may need extra space the laptop takes up less room and you do not necessarily need a desk to use it.

I have a desktop and i do not even use it anymore; and its attached to the TV in the living room.

BlackJair

It depends:

mobility -> Laptop
Perfomance -> Desktop

Also the amount of $$$ you have! xD

yikes81

If you want to take it with you then get a laptop. If you don't really think that you'll take it anywhere with you then get a desktop for the better cost : performance ratio.
Get one of these ...

lan-warrior-maleta.jpg

BlackJair

That would be... Some kind of punishment, my laptop weight is 15 lbs and its like a living hell to carry it to college. I think im stronger than when i had my other DELL laptop xD

yikes81

its a travel pack to allow you to better carry your tower to LAN games. Since you need your hands to carry the monitor (CRT), keyboard, mouse, speakers and cables.

yikes81

Thats why, whenever a LAN game is organised, its always over a weekend. Preferrably long weekends.

soley depends on you and your need
I often carry much laptop around outside (and within the house)
otherwise desktop would be fine since relatively cheaper and easier to upgrade

PrinceDevil

As some said, it'd be nice to have both, but over the years, I've settled on laptops for my main usage. Mostly because I'm usually at school and the mobility is needed. However, the experience with gaming on desktops are probably better, along with a bigger screen...just that...you can't move it everywhere with you, so hence I prefer laptops.