Desktops or laptops

Trident

If you were buying an Alienware product, would you go for a laptop or desktop. Call me an old school guy, but I am a fan of desktops and never get used to laptops.

RoBi1475

I have never been a fan of Gaming on a laptop. I know a lot of people like it, but I have never gotten into it. I prefer my Desktop. :)

Eirreann

As much as I love their laptops, I value power more than mobility, because as a rule when I'm "on the go" I don't have time for gaming anyways.
Although I'd love to get myself a M11x for use at university!

xxdranenxxx

I use my m17x for work and play so I like the laptop but I also have a desktop and it's not an AW but the laptops are just so awesome and well portability is a good thing considering my desktop case alone is 30lbs so if you wanna swing over to a buddies house and hit up a night of brews and baddies than the laptop is the way to go.

Irving

My laptop is great and it helps me to do my jobs in many ways. I love its portability as well. But when it comes to playing games, I always use my desktop.

I love both my desktop and laptop, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. :) I use my desktop as my primary computer though, and will use the laptop only when I have no access to the desktop.

JohnW

I love my laptop for its mobility. It doesn't take so much space as a desktop does. About the performance, I think today's laptops perform almost as well as desktops do.

ThatOldGuy

On paper, the alienware desktops perform leagues ahead of any laptop, but for practical purposes you can just as easily max out settings on a m17x or m18x for almost any game out there. In the end I prefer the mobility of a laptop/desktop replacement.

Dantheman221

I only buy Alienware Laptops because I build my own desktops. No need to spend $1000 more than what you can build it for with better hardware too! :)

Gogreen

I love the idea of building your own desktop. Doing so, you can use all parts with the specs of your choice, and you can get your dream desktop.

PhoenixBennu

I went with the m17x. I would love to have spent money to build my own rig and deck things out, but I had to make the call. In the end, I have to have something portable. I need the ability to take my system to many placed, from family's houses, to road trips, to clients locations (for my IT work), and so portability is a must. I have my tablet and phone, but my tech world is laptop centered. Not to mention I do a lot of gaming, and keep tons and tons of rulebooks and everything on my system.

jimbo312

if i was going to get a desktop i would much rather just build one. if im going to buy an alienware im gonna get a laptop. thats why i got a m17x. i think alienware has some of the best laptops on the market but i don't see much advantage of getting the desktop unless its the bragging rights of owning an alienware desktop.

durbin209

I personally have an M17xr3 which suits my needs quite well. It's mainly dependent on how often you travel.

miron112

laptop because you can take it anywhere you want and you can't move the desktop...

Checkmate

Laptop for me. I prefer the portability of a laptop vs. desktop. Even if I don't use the laptop outside of the house that much, I can easily transfer my laptop from room to room inside the house. :)

dnvr.dsz

As Far As For Choices Between Different Hardware That Can Be Loaded... Desktop Is Always The Winner You Can Build Your Own Killer Rig For Gaming....Gaming Laptops Like from Alienware, Asus & Razer Are Not Bad Either... I Love My m14x