Difference between 1GB and 2GB GPU?

Oweineh

Jun 30, 2012
UAE
i am thinking of getting the m14x so i wanna ask is there a huge difference between:-
1 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™
2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™

is there big difference in the performance? (ex: witcher 2, battlefield 3)

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

There is no performance gains visible between a 1gb card and a 2gb card for Gaming. I have never seen a game use more than 750mb of my card (witcher 2 used like 650mb). There may be a difference in video editing or CAD programing as they are Ram hungry. I think it is a waste of money to upgrade the Ran on a GPU for Gaming.

Oweineh

Jun 30, 2012
UAE
It depends, the more features on the games you use ie.anti-aliasing, textures, shadows etc. the more VRAM you will need. There is no difference in performance unless all the VRAM gets used up.

I have a laptop with GT 230M with 1GB and all the games I play on it can be played with max textures.

Also, look out on the M14x raffle!!!

Yeah i just noticed the raffle but isn't it unfair to the others? i just joined :(

There is no performance gains visible between a 1gb card and a 2gb card for Gaming. I have never seen a game use more than 750mb of my card (witcher 2 used like 650mb). There may be a difference in video editing or CAD programing as they are Ram hungry. I think it is a waste of money to upgrade the Ran on a GPU for Gaming.

to be honest witcher 2 is the most important game for me so if 1gb is more than enough then i will go for 1 gb :D

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Yeah i just noticed the raffle but isn't it unfair to the others? i just joined :(

to be honest witcher 2 is the most important game for me so if 1gb is more than enough then i will go for 1 gb :D

You buy your raffle ticket, the more you buy the better chance you have...def not unfair. The more people that buy, the better anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus