Difference between 1GB and 2GB GPU?

Oweineh

i am thinking of getting the m14x so i wanna ask is there a huge difference between:-
1 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™
2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™

is there big difference in the performance? (ex: witcher 2, battlefield 3)

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

xI WeLLs Ix

It depends, the more features on the games you use ie.anti-aliasing, textures, shadows etc. the more VRAM you will need. There is no difference in performance unless all the VRAM gets used up.

I have a laptop with GT 230M with 1GB and all the games I play on it can be played with max textures.

Also, look out on the M14x raffle!!!

ThatOldGuy

There is no performance gains visible between a 1gb card and a 2gb card for Gaming. I have never seen a game use more than 750mb of my card (witcher 2 used like 650mb). There may be a difference in video editing or CAD programing as they are Ram hungry. I think it is a waste of money to upgrade the Ran on a GPU for Gaming.

Oweineh

It depends, the more features on the games you use ie.anti-aliasing, textures, shadows etc. the more VRAM you will need. There is no difference in performance unless all the VRAM gets used up.

I have a laptop with GT 230M with 1GB and all the games I play on it can be played with max textures.

Also, look out on the M14x raffle!!!

Yeah i just noticed the raffle but isn't it unfair to the others? i just joined :(

There is no performance gains visible between a 1gb card and a 2gb card for Gaming. I have never seen a game use more than 750mb of my card (witcher 2 used like 650mb). There may be a difference in video editing or CAD programing as they are Ram hungry. I think it is a waste of money to upgrade the Ran on a GPU for Gaming.
to be honest witcher 2 is the most important game for me so if 1gb is more than enough then i will go for 1 gb :D

sway

Yeah i just noticed the raffle but isn't it unfair to the others? i just joined :(

to be honest witcher 2 is the most important game for me so if 1gb is more than enough then i will go for 1 gb :D
You buy your raffle ticket, the more you buy the better chance you have...def not unfair. The more people that buy, the better anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Oweineh

You buy your raffle ticket, the more you buy the better chance you have...def not unfair. The more people that buy, the better anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
well when you put it that way it does seem fair :D

is the raffle active now ?

EDIT: nevermind i just checked it's not :p

xI WeLLs Ix

The raffle opens on Monday 7/2/2012 (M/D/YYYY). As far as I am aware you can buy up to 10 tickets but only in 1 transaction ie. If you buy 10 tickets then 1 ticket you wont have 11 tickets. Each ticket will cost $10.

The Witcher 2 is a very performance demanding game, if you really give it most importance then don't hesitate for the 2gb gpu
It is one of the best games ever played, graphics (and plot) are unbeaten :) I finished it 6 times so far and would still play more!