test

Difference in Display output question.

aspect

I understand that the x51 has a discrete Graphics card with DVI and miniHDMI outputs. The system also has a HDMI output on the top that is connected to the on board intel graphics card. I have both an hdmi cord and a DVi. Would I benifit one way or the other by using the intel or nvidia card for output. Would I suffer performance wise If i chose to use HDMI over the mini hdmi?

STDVirus

Mostly depends on what you would be doing. Odds are the Discrete card would be the best performance pretty much all the way around.

bignazpwns

I understand that the x51 has a discrete Graphics card with DVI and miniHDMI outputs. The system also has a HDMI output on the top that is connected to the on board intel graphics card. I have both an hdmi cord and a DVi. Would I benifit one way or the other by using the intel or nvidia card for output. Would I suffer performance wise If i chose to use HDMI over the mini hdmi?

Would you rather drive your car or push it? Either will get you from point a to point b. But so would walking so if your going to push it why waste the money on a car. Sum it up use the graphic card. No sense in not using a graphic card In gaming computer you bought.

aspect

You guys are very ill-informed about your own computers. The x51 features optimums, a program that regulates what card is in use. Onboard, or the discrete. I came here to ask question but now I'm teaching. It's nice to see how knowledgeable the users are on this forum about their own rigs. Just because you use the card as output, does not mean the other one is not in use. Afterall, what purpose would 2 be included then? Use your heads kiddos.

STDVirus

Before you come in bashing everyone then you first should spell it right its Optimus not Optimums.

Just because it helps regulate performance doesn't mean you wont suffer on the onboard lol. If you are gaming then the descrete will crush the onboard optimus or not. If your just surfing the web then no there wont be a difference. all Optimus does is power down the gpu not in use. Optimus doesn't always work either its mostly used for power saving not performance. This tech was designed for notebooks, not desktops. To get better performance you will want to plug directly into the discrete card, there is no reason not to on the x51.

Sorry if that was harsh but you asked a question and got a answer then bashed us for trying to help.