Different Colours In Each Zone Using Winamp Alien Fx Plugin (M14x)

dnvr.dsz

I Have Seen A Video In Youtube Where I Saw That Each Zones Where Lighting Up With Different Colors While Playing Music With Alien Fx Visualization Plugin....The Uploader Said To Assign Different Frequencies To Each Zone... How Do We Do That..... Anyone Knows??????????????:confused:

Commy1

I saw that video and I looked on the winamp site but couldn't find anything.

VagrantXeth

Now that would be interesting, you would think that users would have already demanded that from AW or at the least AW would make that available for their hardware (PC, Keyboards, mouse etc)

Dantheman221

I am too lazy to tell you because people ask me how to do it all the time. I even kept count! All in all, 500 people have asked me personally, I am sorry but, just google it. I am too annoyed to help, sorry xD

P.S:Google, "AlienFX Winamp Plugin" xD

dnvr.dsz

lol ok :)..... Found it But When i Start The Visualization It Say "No Alienware Devices Found!" ???

Maelstrom

The plugin you download from the site that created it isn't compatible with newer models of AW unless you change some of the files. Once you do everything that the install instructions tell you copy and paste this, after extracting, into your C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins folder.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/419484-alienfx-pidgin-winamp-plugin-71.html#post8115785

Edit: I forgot to mention. This will only work for M14x computers. If you have a different model then you will need different files. I only have the ones for the M14x because that is the computer I have.

EMT911inWI

I am too lazy to tell you because people ask me how to do it all the time. I even kept count! All in all, 500 people have asked me personally, I am sorry but, just google it. I am too annoyed to help, sorry xD

P.S:Google, "AlienFX Winamp Plugin" xD
Seeing that it is such a hot topic, may be a perfect reason for you to create a nice little tutorial when you have some time! That way when 500 more people ask you can just give them a nice little link to show how to do it.

Besides, I'd love to know how its done as well. :)

dnvr.dsz

The plugin you download from the site that created it isn't compatible with newer models of AW unless you change some of the files. Once you do everything that the install instructions tell you copy and paste this, after extracting, into your C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins folder.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/419484-alienfx-pidgin-winamp-plugin-71.html#post8115785

Edit: I forgot to mention. This will only work for M14x computers. If you have a different model then you will need different files. I only have the ones for the M14x because that is the computer I have.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :D got it to work Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! lol thanx :)

Maelstrom

Your welcome. I literally spent hours trying to figure it out to work when I stumbled upon that forum. And after reading through page 70 something I found that started spazzing out the keyboard. I just wish that you could use the FX editor with as many colors and have the same sort of tempo that can be created by Winamp.

Also, I know that there were download links for other AW computers that aren't compatible by default you just have to search for them.

dnvr.dsz

download this first then goto maelstrom's link (mod for m14x) in the prev post (installation guide in the download) and thats it :)

Maelstrom

I made a new post in the Wimamp thread with a link to the file that I use for my plugin. I kind of think that thread should be moved to a section for all AW laptops because I've been posting links for files for other systems besides the M14x.