test

Display Adapters in M14X R2

Hi All,

Recently I became a proud owner of M14X R2. I have a question. In Device Manager I am seeing two entries for display Adapters:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

How would I know which one is currently managing my display. Also wanted to know which one is better amongst the two.

MattyB

Welcome!

Your M14x will use both display adapters. When you are using programs that require lots of graphic power the Nvidia card will kick in. All other times, the Intel graphics will be used. This helps save power and battery life. You can right click on your desktop and select the Nvidia control panel. Using this program can help you adjust what programs use which display adapter. If you are playing games, make sure that each game is set to use the Nvidia card. This can be done under the Manage 3D settings tab in the Nvidia control panel.

AeonSoul

On a general basis, the NVIDIA card is more powerfull than the Intel one, being a dedicated card, while the other is integrated in the chipset.
Matty pretty much said everything else. When you're using your PC for anything else that gaming (or unless you're doing heavy video editing/graphics) the laptop automatically uses the Intel integrated card. For games, it should use the NVIDIA one, but you better force it through NVIDIA control panel, just to be sure.