Do u regret to have bought a X51 instead of an AW Aurora?

Nhirlathothep

I think X51 is way cooler than aurora, it looks more New. Aurora looks a little OLD.

But with x51 we cant use HI-level GPU.

I play on a 120 Hz ALienware Monitor and i want 120 FPS min, so i need a good gpu.

do u regret that u cant use hi level GPU? like gtx 770 gtx 780

ejohnson

Im more than happy with my x51. I got it the first day it came out. Still rocking it now. I have changed out the gpu a few times to keep up to date though. Went from 555 -> 650ti ->750ti
Runs everything I play

I think X51 is way cooler than aurora, it looks more New. Aurora looks a little OLD.

But with x51 we cant use HI-level GPU.

I play on a 120 Hz ALienware Monitor and i want 120 FPS min, so i need a good gpu.

do u regret that u cant use hi level GPU? like gtx 770 gtx 780

You say it is way cooler than the Aurora, but have you ever owned an Aurora? I have owned an X51, and I regret that I spent the money on it.

Nhirlathothep

You say it is way cooler than the Aurora, but have you ever owned an Aurora? I have owned an X51, and I regret that I spent the money on it.

Man i only said it is more cool, the performance gap it s huge.

It looks new, while the big case of aurora and area 51 seems outdated.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Im more than happy with my x51. I got it the first day it came out. Still rocking it now. I have changed out the gpu a few times to keep up to date though. Went from 555 -> 650ti ->750ti
Runs everything I play
"It runs every game" is cool, but with aurora u run every game at 120-160 fps MIN, that it s way better

X51 ATM has gpu performance of my AW notebook, so it s somehow useless. But i hope in the next gen of nvidia gpus, to make the x51 better

ejohnson

While the aurora can run games better, My deskspace is limited, so my x51 fits nice on the desk. (my basement likes to flood every once in awhile, so nothing can be on the floor)
I do wish I had a aurora just for the space though.... wishing for a good sound card, and more hdd space than the x51 can have.

MiLoLaMb

I have recently sold my Aurora for x51.

Aurora is way to huge. I normally am a fan of Alienware for design but this case was so hard to do anything with.

When I set up my water cooling it was the hardest thing on earth to do. Where as the x51 actually you can and easily too because it has an open plan chassis

Honestly if I every can't play I game I just get my 1000W psu and plug her in and use my 770ti :)

You can replace the external psu with an internal one too. Don't complain and be like "that's heaps of money" or "that looks ugly" because honestly where does your external brick sit and doesn't look ugly. It's also cheaper to do this than to get an Aurora still lol.

I have recently sold my Aurora for x51.

Aurora is way to huge. I normally am a fan of Alienware for design but this case was so hard to do anything with.

When I set up my water cooling it was the hardest thing on earth to do. Where as the x51 actually you can and easily too because it has an open plan chassis

Honestly if I every can't play I game I just get my 1000W psu and plug her in and use my 770ti :)

You can replace the external psu with an internal one too. Don't complain and be like "that's heaps of money" or "that looks ugly" because honestly where does your external brick sit and doesn't look ugly. It's also cheaper to do this than to get an Aurora still lol.

I would love to see pictures of your Liquid Cooled X51. What did you need to do to your Aurora that you could do so much easier with your X51? I guess it is all about if you want max FPS in EVERY game that exists, or if you want just enough to run the game console style. Each to his own.

MiLoLaMb

I would love to see pictures of your Liquid Cooled X51. What did you need to do to your Aurora that you could do so much easier with your X51? I guess it is all about if you want max FPS in EVERY game that exists, or if you want just enough to run the game console style. Each to his own.

I'll post some on complete build. I have stabled the speeds and my GPU still over heats a little.

It's easier because it's an open plan (aka no mounting walls for anything). Since the x51 can't have high performance parts either it's okay to run the components on smaller radiators (40mm fans) you can fit 4 40mm fans on the back and a 60mm at the front. Which is sufficient.

In my aurora when I tried to watercool it I needed 120mm fans and there were only 3 spots I could use. 1 of which was already being used for the CPU cooler. With SLI 680 and 3960x I wouldn't get the needed cooling efficiency in such a small case.

It's all about what people want in style. If you want hassle free max fps get an aurora.

If you want to have an mAtx build and tinker, get the x51 and do mods. It's way worth the effort. My x51 for gaming is on par with my aurora and it cost me 1500 not 3000 ;)

(I say Gaming)

Here are both my specs.

Alienware Aurora R4
i7 3960x
32 GB Hyper X Fury White
SLI GTX 680

Alienware x51 R2
i7 4770k
8GB Hyper X Fury White
GTX 760 / 780ti (with ext psu)

I am also tinkering with how to use external psu to use with all components and water cooling system (like a genuine. Currently I'm using a h100i pump on the CPU and GPU.

Nhirlathothep

I'll post some on complete build. I have stabled the speeds and my GPU still over heats a little.

It's easier because it's an open plan (aka no mounting walls for anything). Since the x51 can't have high performance parts either it's okay to run the components on smaller radiators (40mm fans) you can fit 4 40mm fans on the back and a 60mm at the front. Which is sufficient.

In my aurora when I tried to watercool it I needed 120mm fans and there were only 3 spots I could use. 1 of which was already being used for the CPU cooler. With SLI 680 and 3960x I wouldn't get the needed cooling efficiency in such a small case.

It's all about what people want in style. If you want hassle free max fps get an aurora.

If you want to have an mAtx build and tinker, get the x51 and do mods. It's way worth the effort. My x51 for gaming is on par with my aurora and it cost me 1500 not 3000 ;)

(I say Gaming)

Here are both my specs.

Alienware Aurora R4
i7 3960x
32 GB Hyper X Fury White
SLI GTX 680

Alienware x51 R2
i7 4770k
8GB Hyper X Fury White
GTX 760 / 780ti (with ext psu)

I am also tinkering with how to use external psu to use with all components and water cooling system (like a genuine. Currently I'm using a h100i pump on the CPU and GPU.

GTX 780 TI CAN FIT ???

are u using it with open case?

I see You

i regret now ever buying the x51 after a while the psu and the power board get so stressed that you find yourself buying parts to fix it from dell, my thoughts is dell alienware designs these machines to break not the mainboard but the parts running the thing. so i said the heck with it took it to my tech and moved the mainboard bypassing all the other stuff and now its fine. Will i ever buy alienware again sure but not the x51 heck no no way no how.

Nhirlathothep

i regret now ever buying the x51 after a while the psu and the power board get so stressed that you find yourself buying parts to fix it from dell, my thoughts is dell alienware designs these machines to break not the mainboard but the parts running the thing. so i said the heck with it took it to my tech and moved the mainboard bypassing all the other stuff and now its fine. Will i ever buy alienware again sure but not the x51 heck no no way no how.

is your psu briken or it s only stressed without troubles ?

i dont have x51, but i love it (design) and wanna buy one (the cheaper) so no stress for mine psu