Does your Alienware 17 run like this?

Santo

Feb 4, 2014
Italia
I've had my laptop for a while now, and I just cant seem to understand lag sometimes.
For example, the day I got it, I was getting excess of 60 fps at max graphics in Assassin's Creed III, now I can only get 60 FPS when running at 720p, instead of 1080p and even then I get microstutter.

Also, some games run flawlessly then seem to have fps drops at seemingly random times.
For example running Bioshock infinite will give me 60 fps and then drastically drop down to 20-30 and then back up again. (this also happens in Grid 2)
Would a factory reset fix this issue?

Im running an Alienware 17:
8gb RAM
i7 2.4Ghz
GTX 770m

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Bring
Up
My
Last edited:

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I posted a thread here somewhere a while ago showing the insides of a mates M17x which had become seriously blocked up with fluff. It caused his GPU to overheat and fail. Dell replaced his machine which was good but it showed that regular maintenance is necessary.

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Turn on v sync in video settings to stop screen tearing, if your getting fps drops you might need to turn down video settings on some games bc they're pretty demanding and that gpu might not be able to handle it. You could also be running out of vram which is causing the fps drops.

tappin from the neXus 5

krazor8

Jan 29, 2014
mexia
i have the 17 with the r9 m290x... i have the same problem but it only surfaces if i unplug my laptop and plug it back in.. the clocks for the gpu get stuck at battery settings and wont move up, there for i have to play assassins creed at 720p or lower