test

Downgrading from Win8 to Win7

BrokeHombre

Hey everyone -

I have a new M17xR4 (3 actually) that came pre-installed with Win8, I need to downgrade this to Win7 due to applications that will only run under 7 and not 8.
Anyways, when I boot to the disc I am receiving this error: 'UEFI DVD1 PATH1 (name of dvd drive) has been blocked by the current security policy.'

Anyone else ever wun into this issue and if so what was the fix?

Thanks in advance -
Tom

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Got it figured out - Had to disable the Secure Boot feature in the bios - -

sway

What programs don't run in w8? W8 is pretty much identical to w7, there should be no compatibility issues.

tapping from the Note II

BrokeHombre

You would think...but not the case. Certain programs that are related to mappings - for agencies like law enforcement and what not. Not your typical programs...

sway

You would think...but not the case. Certain programs that are related to mappings - for agencies like law enforcement and what not. Not your typical programs...

Oh ok I wouldn't know anything about those.

tapping from the Note II

BrokeHombre

Oh ok I wouldn't know anything about those.

tapping from the Note II

No problem - maybe you can tell me where I can grab a wireless driver for the rig, other than having to go to dells website, which has terrible speeds.

sway

No problem - maybe you can tell me where I can grab a wireless driver for the rig, other than having to go to dells website, which has terrible speeds.

Idk if they're are posted on this forum or not but other than Dell I'd say just Google it.

tapping from the Note II