DVD Drive Not Playing DVD's

scnrfrq

On my AW Aurora ALX, the Blu-ray DVD drive is no longer working correctly. I can write DVD's, but the drive won't read them. It just says to insert a disk, when it's already in the drive. It also won't play regular commercial DVD's. It is 9 years old. I did install the latest drivers. Any fix for this?

I'm getting a used CD drive from eBay. Any suggestions on how to install it to replace the BR Drive, and get drivers to work with it?

scnrfrq

I tried a DVD lens cleaner disc. It read that disc and played the music on it. It didn't fix the problem though. So when I put in a commercial movie DVD, I still get nothing?

So, it's on to a replacement drive. I'd like a little advice so I install it right. The bad drive is a CD-DVD-Blu-ray drive, which is the G: drive in my PC. The replacement drive is just a CD-DVD drive. I know how to physically switch them in the PC, but not too sure how to handle it in Device Manager so the new drive also is installed as the G: drive. Do I uninstall the drivers for the old drive in Device Manager before switching the drives, or will the PC just automatically install the new drive as G:, and no longer show the current Blu-ray drive at all once it's removed?

scnrfrq

Everything went fine. Just switched the drives and turned on the PC. It assigned the new drive to G, and it works good.