Edit OPs?

Maelstrom

I was thinking that if we ever created a thread that would be constantly updated that we could be able to update the OP so that people wouldn't have to look through the entire thread for any updates.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
They way vb is setup that is not possible. but there may be a mod that would allow that. I will check tonight when I get home.

vb doesn't allow that? I have to look into it too, coz I remember that being possible in other vb forums in the past

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
vb doesn't allow that? I have to look into it too, coz I remember that being possible in other vb forums in the past
It's only a global option, which would make all posts editable forever. Making just first post always editable by the OP is not a vb option.

The way it is set now, posts are editable for 48 hrs. Plenty of time to edit in case you made a type-o. :)

It's only a global option, which would make all posts editable forever. Making just first post always editable by the OP is not a vb option.

The way it is set now, posts are editable for 48 hrs. Plenty of time to edit in case you made a type-o. :)
Oh I see. So why did you didn't keep the global option? Most forums have it and until know even I thought this was too.

Maelstrom

The global option would work too I just want to be able to make the OP the place to go for a thread with incoming updates (like the Winamp thread I made that I'm using to distribute the files needed to make it work).

The global option would work too I just want to be able to make the OP the place to go for a thread with incoming updates (like the Winamp thread I made that I'm using to distribute the files needed to make it work).
Yes rather then scrolling through entire threads like this global option would be good
well if the only op doesn't work that is

DDuB420

I would like this to be an option as well, what version of vb is AWO running?