test

Enabling Sli

Mustangdave

So I received my 18 today and I was wondering how to enable SLI mode for my 770's. I open the Nvidia control panel > Set SLI and Physx config. > set SLI from disable to maximize 3D performance and then Physx to auto and then I try to apply the settings and it won't because I need to close the pcee4.exe and toaster.exe !!??

MattyB

Go into your Task Manager and then go into Processes. Find those two programs and end them. That will sort it out.

Mustangdave

Thanks MattyB! It's done! What are the A tru D keys for on the number pad and what theme do you prefer for Alien FX?

MattyB

No problems. Not sure what you mean by the numpad thing. I change AlienFX all the time. I prefer solid colors. All red or all green kind of thing.

Jtravapd

Thanks MattyB! It's done! What are the A tru D keys for on the number pad and what theme do you prefer for Alien FX?

Those keys you can set to do anything you want. YOu set them using command center. if you have a 18 you also have another set of them along side the esc key-ctrl key. It comes in handy during gaming. You can set them up to do certain moves or set them for certain powers ect.

My colors are all stuck on green so i have a alienware tech coming to my house monday with a new motherboard. lol. SOunds trivial having the guy come just to fix the lights but for 5 grand everything should work perfectly!

Jtravapd

yeah, i was on the phone with alienware tech support ofr about 2 hours yesterday. they were trying to change the colors of the lights using command center and it won't work. I kept getting the error message "device not detected "ect so the colors are all stuck on green. They tried everything and couldn't figure it out so they determined i just need a new motherboard. So monday the guy is coming to my house with a new one to swap it out for me. HOpefully it works after that. if not they are just gonna give me a whole new laptop.

Mustangdave

Did you pay for the extended in home warranty? If you did let me know how well the service is when the guy shows up.