test

Endless Bootcycle Issue plus won't start in Safe Mode

Harlequin

Hey everyone. I could really use some help & if anywhere is the place to get it I feel that it's going to be here.

My computer had an update which for some reason disabled all of the shortcut keys including the volume keys in the top right. I was looking for updated drivers to remedy this when I inadvertantly bricked my computer. After I had installed some curent drivers from Dell I was instructed to restart, which I did. Only as soon as it starts up I get the BSOD & the crash memory dump.

If I try to start up in safe mode it just remains on a black screen forever.

If anyone can help advise me of what to do now I would greatly appreciate it.

I travel with my laptop & I am currently in Oslo. I do not have any startup disk with me.

I'm using my girl's laptop to post just now so I'm wondering if I can make a bootable USB drive from this one.

Thank you in advance for your help. I just joined to make this thread because Dell haven't been any help to me at all.

amo

MattyB

Hi. Does it give you a chance to get into your BIOS or does if crash before that? Do you know what updates you did before the crash started? Does the machine beep at all?
Sounds like you may need Windows Startup Repair but if it hasn't come up automatically, you'll need your Windows disk.
You can try clearing your CMOS but it sounds like a driver/software issue. You can do this by removing the battery and power then holding the power button down for 30 secs then removing the small CMOS coin battery and bridging the two connector pins on the battery cable coming from the motherboard.
I think you will end up needing your Windows installation disk though if safe mode doesn't work.

Harlequin

Thanks for the reply. Yes it gives the option to get into the bios. They were just the newest updates available for the M18 so I downed a couple of the recommended ones.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Removing & bridging didn't work. Dell Norway, once they get me through just keep me on hold. I have called six times now all with the same result.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Also my drives are showing as non raid. And no recovery drive is shown either even though I have one.

Is there anything I can do in the BIOS that would help? Dell are completely useless.

shankc

Is it showing that is in raid in bios if not change it back to raid or when booting press f8 it may have an option to restore your laptop their if not click repair computer it will have line at the bottom as it loads os then put in your language and keyboard and password if you have one and then you can either click repair start-up or restore if the first don't work just restore it to b4 you installed drivers. Hope this helps

AeonSoul

Could you please provide machine specs and what kind of updates you installed? That's be easier to narrow it down.